Pawscout VS PetPace
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
If you are stuck choosing between PetPace and Pawscout, our comprehensive PetPace vs. Pawscout comparison can help you pick the right pet tracker in no time. View their most important features below and discover which pet tracking solution is the winner of this comparison.
Best For Older And At-Risk Pets
Inexpensive Community- Powered Pet Tracker
PetPace is a modern pet health and activity monitor that utilizes the latest technologies to track important vital signs as well as physiological and behavioral changes and abnormalities.
- Tracks heart rate, temperature, respiration, and calories
- Adjustable comfortable strap that fits all pets over 8 lb
- IP-x7 water resistance; LED indicators; long battery life
- Price: $159.95
- Shipping: $
Pawscout is a Bluetooth pet tracker that lets you track your pet within a range of 300 feet, get an alert if he or she is out of range, and locate your wandering pal with the help of other Pawscout users.
- Small, waterproof smart tag weighing just about 0.2 ounces
- Mobile Virtual Leash safe zone centered in your position
- Keep vet records, track walks & discover pet-friendly spots
- Price: $19.95
- Shipping: $2.95
PetPace is a wireless, low-power smart collar that provides owners with valuable information about their pets' vital signs as well as numerous psychological and behavioral parameters and uploads the data to a cloud-based analytical engine, which evaluates the received information in order to point out any potential abnormalities. It monitors temperature, pulse, respiration, activity levels, calories, positions, and heart-rate variations. It is especially helpful with older or at-risk pets.
Health And Activity Monitor
PetPace features its own collar that comes in 3 different sizes, which means it can fit any pet weighing over 8lb. The electronic case measures 1.57" x 1.27" x 0.59" and weighs only 1.5oz. It features a prominent on/off button paired with an LED indicator. Apart from the collar, PetPace also comes with a home base called the "gateway" that measures 3.07" x 2.11" x 2", weighs 2.18oz, and features 3 LED indicator lights.
The PetPace collar comes in three options: - Cat/small dog - Weight: 8 – 22lb; neck circumference: 8 – 12″ - Medium dog - Weight: 22 – 62lb; neck circumference: 10.5 – 18” - Large dog – Weight: 62+lb; neck circumference: 16 – 24.5” "
Suitable For Cats
The PetPace collar is made of heavy-duty plastic, but the manufacturer does not advertise it as 100% bite-proof. Its waterproof rating is set at IP-X7, which means it can withstand rain, accidental water splashes, and submersion in water up to 3.3 feet for 30 minutes. The device has not been tested against dust and sand. If your pet is not overly aggressive toward his or her accessories and does not go for prolonged swims, PetPace should last for at least a couple of years.
Key Tracking Features
PetPace does not track your pet's location.
Pet Activity Monitoring
PetPace allows you to set activity goals for your pets and monitor activity levels 24/7. By keeping an eye on their established habits throughout the day (eating, drinking, sleeping...), the device is able to detect any changes in activity patterns and provide you and your vet with important insights into your pet's current health status and indicate certain diseases in their early stages. PetPace can also help monitor your pet's activity during recovery from a disease or surgery.
PetPace does not provide training assistance.
PetPace does not provide any additional features.
The maximum communication range between the home base and the collar is 1,000 feet (without any physical obstacles).
The collar: 1.5oz; the home base: 2.18oz
PetPace comes with a dedicated app compatible with Android 4.4+ and iOS 8.2+. It allows you to monitor your pet's activity and vital signs in real-time and receive alerts the moment any abnormality is detected. The app is free of charge and the latest update also introduces the option of logging significant events in your pet's life on a daily basis.
The PetPace home base uses ethernet 1-/100 T and requires an open ethernet port in order to communicate with the collar.
PetPace can work anywhere on the globe.
Pet Starter - $159.95; Pet - $199.95; Pet Plus - $245.95; Pet Platinum - $349.95
Shipping and Delivery
PetPace is currently available in the US, the UK, and Canada. It comes with free shipping.
PetPace comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
PetPace comes with a 1-year warranty.
Pawscout is an affordable Bluetooth pet tracker with great battery life that allows you to keep track of your pet’s location within a range of 300 feet. It relies on its fast-growing user community to help you locate your pet when he or she is out of range.
Bluetooth Pet Tracker
Pawscout comes in the form of a small tag attached to your pet’s collar. The tag is attached using a circular hanging mount (standard) or flush mount (better for small pets and pets who like to roughhouse). It is round, black, and roughly the size of a silver dollar (1.6’’ x 2.0’’ x 0.4’’). It comes with a black nameplate, but you can replace the original nameplate with any of around 2 dozen custom ones available for purchase in the Pawscout online store.
Pawscout does not come in different sizes, but it fits virtually all collars.
Suitable For Cats
Pawscout is an inexpensive pet tracker that is resistant to water but not to impact. It may last for a year or more if your pet is not prone to rough play. Slight damages are to be expected if your pet is highly active.
Key Tracking Features
The essential location tracking features available with Pawscout include:
- Active location tracking within a range of 300 feet,
- Community location tracking, with notifications sent if your pet is found by another Pawscout user;
- Virtual Leash, which allows you to set up a mobile safe zone around your location;
- Tracking walks, with information on the distance walked and time spent walking;
- Sharing, which lets you enable your friends and family to keep track of your pet’s location.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Pawscout does not monitor pet activity.
Pawscout does not provide training assistance.
Extra features available with Pawscout include:
- Detailed digital pet profile with medical records;
- Coverage map, showing other Pawscout users in your area;
- Pet-related points of interest, with a map showing vets, groomers, shelters, parks, and pet-friendly locations and businesses in your area.
300 feet in all directions (600 feet in radius)
about the same as a quarter (around 0.2 oz.)
6-12 months (disposable, not rechargeable)
The Pawscout smartphone app is available free of charge. It is compatible with the latest versions of iOS and Android. It allows you to track your pet’s location with a handy interactive map, set up a Virtual Leash safe zone, track your pet’s daily walks, view a coverage map showing other Pawscout users in your area, and discover nearby pet-friendly locations. It lets you report your pet as lost and report another user’s lost pet as found. You can share your pet's location with an unlimited number of friends and they do not have to possess Pawscout tags in order to use the Pawscout app.
Pawscout exclusively relies on Bluetooth.
Pawscout can be bought and used in the US and Canada. It can work anywhere, but since it is a community-powered tracking solution, its usefulness is severely limited in other countries with few/no Pawscout users.
Smart tag: $19.95; Custom nameplate: $9.95
Shipping and Delivery
Pawscout can be shipped throughout the US and Canada. Shipping costs amount to $2.95 for US orders and $9.95 for Canada orders. Custom nameplates are shipped free of charge.
If you are not happy with Pawscout, you can return it within 30 days and receive a replacement or a refund.
Pawscout smart pet tag does not come with a warranty.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Clinton Bryant on 10/20/2019This collar is so easy to use and set up on your phone. I’m not a tech wizard or anything but it was easy even for me. I think lots of pet owners have trouble with setting up devices and keeping track of the data. I like that I don’t have to read the data myself but I get notified if anything goes wrong. I know it’s not nice to say but it is better to have someone who is qualified to inform of any potential issues instead of me trying to figure it out on my own.
- Submitted By Lynn Massey on 08/04/2019The only thing I would change on this product is the fact that I don’t have insight into all the data collected from my pet. Instead, I only get alerts in case something goes wrong or is out of the ordinary. Other than that I’m really satisfied to have a device that monitors my dog’s vital functions considering he ‘s really old and has too many health issues. The tracker is connected to the app which is free and it is supported by android and ios. My husband has samsung, I’m on the iphone and you can keep a record of everything from your dog’s walks to his visits to the wet.
- Submitted By Alyssa Richards on 04/20/2019PetPace is absolutely amazing! It gives me a sense of comfort to know that if anything happens to my dog I’ll be aware of it. I have a husky who is almost 16 years old and health hazard increased in the last couple of years dramatically. She had problems with her hips and liver and now she really has trouble with everything. I feel safe knowing that if I’ll get notified in case of any unusual activity so I could react in time.
- Submitted By Lois Maldonado on 01/20/2019I didn’t do my research very well so I taught that next to tracking my dog’s health status I could also track his movements. However, that’s not the case. This device serves to keep your pet’s health in check but offers nothing in regards to monitoring its movements. I have an old dog and this tracker did make sense since I want to know if anything goes wrong but I’d still wanted to know where his at at all times.
- Submitted By Walter Price on 11/22/2018You can build an entire community with this little device and have your entire neighborhood keep an eye out every time your pet wanders off. Now it’s just the matter of convincing my neighbors to buy this tracker.
- Submitted By Carolyn Stewart on 09/08/2018My cell phone was not compatible with this tracker.
- Submitted By Eric Lopez on 08/12/2018I like how you can attach it to pretty much any collar so I don’t have to buy any extra equipment. I don’t like that you have to download the tracking app since I’m much more used to the commander device.
- Submitted By Roberta Smith on 05/29/2018The accuracy thing is true, it happened to me a couple of times, I didn't get a notification even though my beagle was way outside the range. But I want to say that this does not happen all the time and I like that anyone can use the app for free, it really helps raise awareness about lost pets and helps owners reconnect with their pooches and kitties. Plus, the tag is really useful when we go for a walk, with the virtual leash, I don't even use the real leash anymore.
Pawscout smart tag is an affordable Bluetooth pet tracker that boasts a great communication range and battery life. It allows you to keep track of your pet’s whereabouts when he or she is within range and locate your missing pal with the help of other Pawscout users. Learn more about how this pet tracker works in our comprehensive Pawscout review.