Pawscout VS Trackimo
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
While both Trackimo and Pawscout can help prevent your pet from becoming lost, they are not equally well-suited for pets of all shapes, sizes, preferences, and habits. Explore our thorough Trackimo vs. Pawscout comparison to discover how well each of these two pet trackers fits the unique needs of your best pal and which one is just right for him or her.
Cellular tracker for cats and dogs
Inexpensive Community- Powered Pet Tracker
Trackimo is a modern device that can track the location and activity of your pet (cat or dog) as long as you have access to a GSM 2G signal or Wi-Fi. The tracker can communicate with your app via Bluetooth too.
- Small and lightweight design + 96 hours of battery life
- Intuitive and user-friendly app with tracking history
- Geo-fencing, SOS button, Family & Friends list
- Price: $139.00
- Shipping: $
Pawscout is a Bluetooth pet tracker that lets you track your pet within a range of 300 feet, get an alert if he or she is out of range, and locate your wandering pal with the help of other Pawscout users.
- Small, waterproof smart tag weighing just about 0.2 ounces
- Mobile Virtual Leash safe zone centered in your position
- Keep vet records, track walks & discover pet-friendly spots
- Price: $19.95
- Shipping: $2.95
Trackimo is a pet tracker that uses the GSM cellular network to transmit information from the GPS tracker to your app. In the US, it utilizes the T-Mobile IoT network. It is a small and lightweight unit with geo-fencing, tracking history, SOS button, Family & Friends list, and up to 96 hours of battery life.
2G Pet Tracker
Trackimo GSM Tracker is compact and lightweight, measuring just ½" in height and 1.4” in diameter and weighing only 3/4oz. It does not come with a collar, but it does have an attachment pouch. The overall design is very modern and stylish and features 3 LED indicators as well as a visible SOS button.
Trackimo does not come with a proprietary collar.
Suitable For Cats
Trackimo is made of plastic, but the manufacturer does not provide any information regarding the unit's waterproof rating or durability.
Key Tracking Features
Trackimo has the following tracking features:
- GPS for tracking your pet outdoors and Bluetooth or Wi-Fi for tracking your pet indoors;
- Geo-fencing feature, which allows you to set up virtual fences around your home/yard and receive instant notifications once your pet leaves the perimeter;
- Tracking history, which lets you view your pet’s historical locations up to 1 year in the past.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Trackimo does not monitor pet activity.
Trackimo does not come with training assistance.
Trackimo has the following additional features:
- Up to 10 small alerts per month via app notifications, email or text. These notifications are received when your tracker detects movement, location change, and similar occurrences;
- SOS button allows you to send notifications to all designated individuals;
- Family & Friends list, which lets you add your family members and close friends to your personal Trackimo account and enable them to receive important notifications and help you find your pet.
100 feet for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi; Unlimited within reach of T-Mobile networks.
Up to 96 hours
The Trackimo smartphone app is quite simple and user-friendly. It allows you to track an unlimited number of pets with all the tags represented on the main screen. Apart from the tag-filtering option, the main screen provides you with current date & time and battery charge info and enables you to set up fences and tracking periods and manage your subscriptions.
Trackimo uses 2G networks to obtain GPS coordinates and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to track your pets indoors.
Trackimo uses 2G GSM to locate your pet anywhere in the world with the exception of 50% of the US, Canada, Korea, Japan, Australia, and Singapore.
$139.00 + $60 per year for cellular service.
Shipping and Delivery
Trackimo ships worldwide with free shipping within the US.
Trackimo comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The company charges a shipping & handling fee of $35 per item and does not refund shipping fees.
Trackimo does not come with a warranty.
Pawscout is an affordable Bluetooth pet tracker with great battery life that allows you to keep track of your pet’s location within a range of 300 feet. It relies on its fast-growing user community to help you locate your pet when he or she is out of range.
Bluetooth Pet Tracker
Pawscout comes in the form of a small tag attached to your pet’s collar. The tag is attached using a circular hanging mount (standard) or flush mount (better for small pets and pets who like to roughhouse). It is round, black, and roughly the size of a silver dollar (1.6’’ x 2.0’’ x 0.4’’). It comes with a black nameplate, but you can replace the original nameplate with any of around 2 dozen custom ones available for purchase in the Pawscout online store.
Pawscout does not come in different sizes, but it fits virtually all collars.
Suitable For Cats
Pawscout is an inexpensive pet tracker that is resistant to water but not to impact. It may last for a year or more if your pet is not prone to rough play. Slight damages are to be expected if your pet is highly active.
Key Tracking Features
The essential location tracking features available with Pawscout include:
- Active location tracking within a range of 300 feet,
- Community location tracking, with notifications sent if your pet is found by another Pawscout user;
- Virtual Leash, which allows you to set up a mobile safe zone around your location;
- Tracking walks, with information on the distance walked and time spent walking;
- Sharing, which lets you enable your friends and family to keep track of your pet’s location.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Pawscout does not monitor pet activity.
Pawscout does not provide training assistance.
Extra features available with Pawscout include:
- Detailed digital pet profile with medical records;
- Coverage map, showing other Pawscout users in your area;
- Pet-related points of interest, with a map showing vets, groomers, shelters, parks, and pet-friendly locations and businesses in your area.
300 feet in all directions (600 feet in radius)
about the same as a quarter (around 0.2 oz.)
6-12 months (disposable, not rechargeable)
The Pawscout smartphone app is available free of charge. It is compatible with the latest versions of iOS and Android. It allows you to track your pet’s location with a handy interactive map, set up a Virtual Leash safe zone, track your pet’s daily walks, view a coverage map showing other Pawscout users in your area, and discover nearby pet-friendly locations. It lets you report your pet as lost and report another user’s lost pet as found. You can share your pet's location with an unlimited number of friends and they do not have to possess Pawscout tags in order to use the Pawscout app.
Pawscout exclusively relies on Bluetooth.
Pawscout can be bought and used in the US and Canada. It can work anywhere, but since it is a community-powered tracking solution, its usefulness is severely limited in other countries with few/no Pawscout users.
Smart tag: $19.95; Custom nameplate: $9.95
Shipping and Delivery
Pawscout can be shipped throughout the US and Canada. Shipping costs amount to $2.95 for US orders and $9.95 for Canada orders. Custom nameplates are shipped free of charge.
If you are not happy with Pawscout, you can return it within 30 days and receive a replacement or a refund.
Pawscout smart pet tag does not come with a warranty.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Martin Burns on 05/07/2019There’s no way to attach it to any collar I own, had to buy a special one with a pouch.
- Submitted By Martha Adams on 02/18/2019One of the best trackers we had when you have cell reception, pretty useless when you don’t and have no access to wifi.
- Submitted By Walter Price on 11/22/2018You can build an entire community with this little device and have your entire neighborhood keep an eye out every time your pet wanders off. Now it’s just the matter of convincing my neighbors to buy this tracker.
- Submitted By Carolyn Stewart on 09/08/2018My cell phone was not compatible with this tracker.
- Submitted By Eric Lopez on 08/12/2018I like how you can attach it to pretty much any collar so I don’t have to buy any extra equipment. I don’t like that you have to download the tracking app since I’m much more used to the commander device.
- Submitted By Roberta Smith on 05/29/2018The accuracy thing is true, it happened to me a couple of times, I didn't get a notification even though my beagle was way outside the range. But I want to say that this does not happen all the time and I like that anyone can use the app for free, it really helps raise awareness about lost pets and helps owners reconnect with their pooches and kitties. Plus, the tag is really useful when we go for a walk, with the virtual leash, I don't even use the real leash anymore.
Trackimo is a GSM 2G pet tracker that can work for both cats and dogs. Its small and lightweight design and numerous features and implemented technologies enable you to keep a close eye on your pet as long as you have access to a GSM 2G network. Read more about it in this comprehensive Trackimo review.