PetPace VS Trackimo
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
If you are stuck choosing between Trackimo and PetPace , our comprehensive Trackimo vs. PetPace comparison can help you pick the right pet tracker in no time. View their most important features below and discover which pet tracking solution is the winner of this comparison.
Cellular tracker for cats and dogs
Best For Older And At-Risk Pets
Trackimo is a modern device that can track the location and activity of your pet (cat or dog) as long as you have access to a GSM 2G signal or Wi-Fi. The tracker can communicate with your app via Bluetooth too.
- Small and lightweight design + 96 hours of battery life
- Intuitive and user-friendly app with tracking history
- Geo-fencing, SOS button, Family & Friends list
- Price: $139.00
- Shipping: $
PetPace is a modern pet health and activity monitor that utilizes the latest technologies to track important vital signs as well as physiological and behavioral changes and abnormalities.
- Tracks heart rate, temperature, respiration, and calories
- Adjustable comfortable strap that fits all pets over 8 lb
- IP-x7 water resistance; LED indicators; long battery life
- Price: $159.95
- Shipping: $
Trackimo is a pet tracker that uses the GSM cellular network to transmit information from the GPS tracker to your app. In the US, it utilizes the T-Mobile IoT network. It is a small and lightweight unit with geo-fencing, tracking history, SOS button, Family & Friends list, and up to 96 hours of battery life.
2G Pet Tracker
Trackimo GSM Tracker is compact and lightweight, measuring just ½" in height and 1.4” in diameter and weighing only 3/4oz. It does not come with a collar, but it does have an attachment pouch. The overall design is very modern and stylish and features 3 LED indicators as well as a visible SOS button.
Trackimo does not come with a proprietary collar.
Suitable For Cats
Trackimo is made of plastic, but the manufacturer does not provide any information regarding the unit's waterproof rating or durability.
Key Tracking Features
Trackimo has the following tracking features:
- GPS for tracking your pet outdoors and Bluetooth or Wi-Fi for tracking your pet indoors;
- Geo-fencing feature, which allows you to set up virtual fences around your home/yard and receive instant notifications once your pet leaves the perimeter;
- Tracking history, which lets you view your pet’s historical locations up to 1 year in the past.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Trackimo does not monitor pet activity.
Trackimo does not come with training assistance.
Trackimo has the following additional features:
- Up to 10 small alerts per month via app notifications, email or text. These notifications are received when your tracker detects movement, location change, and similar occurrences;
- SOS button allows you to send notifications to all designated individuals;
- Family & Friends list, which lets you add your family members and close friends to your personal Trackimo account and enable them to receive important notifications and help you find your pet.
100 feet for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi; Unlimited within reach of T-Mobile networks.
Up to 96 hours
The Trackimo smartphone app is quite simple and user-friendly. It allows you to track an unlimited number of pets with all the tags represented on the main screen. Apart from the tag-filtering option, the main screen provides you with current date & time and battery charge info and enables you to set up fences and tracking periods and manage your subscriptions.
Trackimo uses 2G networks to obtain GPS coordinates and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to track your pets indoors.
Trackimo uses 2G GSM to locate your pet anywhere in the world with the exception of 50% of the US, Canada, Korea, Japan, Australia, and Singapore.
$139.00 + $60 per year for cellular service.
Shipping and Delivery
Trackimo ships worldwide with free shipping within the US.
Trackimo comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The company charges a shipping & handling fee of $35 per item and does not refund shipping fees.
Trackimo does not come with a warranty.
PetPace is a wireless, low-power smart collar that provides owners with valuable information about their pets' vital signs as well as numerous psychological and behavioral parameters and uploads the data to a cloud-based analytical engine, which evaluates the received information in order to point out any potential abnormalities. It monitors temperature, pulse, respiration, activity levels, calories, positions, and heart-rate variations. It is especially helpful with older or at-risk pets.
Health And Activity Monitor
PetPace features its own collar that comes in 3 different sizes, which means it can fit any pet weighing over 8lb. The electronic case measures 1.57" x 1.27" x 0.59" and weighs only 1.5oz. It features a prominent on/off button paired with an LED indicator. Apart from the collar, PetPace also comes with a home base called the "gateway" that measures 3.07" x 2.11" x 2", weighs 2.18oz, and features 3 LED indicator lights.
The PetPace collar comes in three options: - Cat/small dog - Weight: 8 – 22lb; neck circumference: 8 – 12″ - Medium dog - Weight: 22 – 62lb; neck circumference: 10.5 – 18” - Large dog – Weight: 62+lb; neck circumference: 16 – 24.5” "
Suitable For Cats
The PetPace collar is made of heavy-duty plastic, but the manufacturer does not advertise it as 100% bite-proof. Its waterproof rating is set at IP-X7, which means it can withstand rain, accidental water splashes, and submersion in water up to 3.3 feet for 30 minutes. The device has not been tested against dust and sand. If your pet is not overly aggressive toward his or her accessories and does not go for prolonged swims, PetPace should last for at least a couple of years.
Key Tracking Features
PetPace does not track your pet's location.
Pet Activity Monitoring
PetPace allows you to set activity goals for your pets and monitor activity levels 24/7. By keeping an eye on their established habits throughout the day (eating, drinking, sleeping...), the device is able to detect any changes in activity patterns and provide you and your vet with important insights into your pet's current health status and indicate certain diseases in their early stages. PetPace can also help monitor your pet's activity during recovery from a disease or surgery.
PetPace does not provide training assistance.
PetPace does not provide any additional features.
The maximum communication range between the home base and the collar is 1,000 feet (without any physical obstacles).
The collar: 1.5oz; the home base: 2.18oz
PetPace comes with a dedicated app compatible with Android 4.4+ and iOS 8.2+. It allows you to monitor your pet's activity and vital signs in real-time and receive alerts the moment any abnormality is detected. The app is free of charge and the latest update also introduces the option of logging significant events in your pet's life on a daily basis.
The PetPace home base uses ethernet 1-/100 T and requires an open ethernet port in order to communicate with the collar.
PetPace can work anywhere on the globe.
Pet Starter - $159.95; Pet - $199.95; Pet Plus - $245.95; Pet Platinum - $349.95
Shipping and Delivery
PetPace is currently available in the US, the UK, and Canada. It comes with free shipping.
PetPace comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
PetPace comes with a 1-year warranty.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Martin Burns on 05/07/2019There’s no way to attach it to any collar I own, had to buy a special one with a pouch.
- Submitted By Martha Adams on 02/18/2019One of the best trackers we had when you have cell reception, pretty useless when you don’t and have no access to wifi.
- Submitted By Clinton Bryant on 10/20/2019This collar is so easy to use and set up on your phone. I’m not a tech wizard or anything but it was easy even for me. I think lots of pet owners have trouble with setting up devices and keeping track of the data. I like that I don’t have to read the data myself but I get notified if anything goes wrong. I know it’s not nice to say but it is better to have someone who is qualified to inform of any potential issues instead of me trying to figure it out on my own.
- Submitted By Lynn Massey on 08/04/2019The only thing I would change on this product is the fact that I don’t have insight into all the data collected from my pet. Instead, I only get alerts in case something goes wrong or is out of the ordinary. Other than that I’m really satisfied to have a device that monitors my dog’s vital functions considering he ‘s really old and has too many health issues. The tracker is connected to the app which is free and it is supported by android and ios. My husband has samsung, I’m on the iphone and you can keep a record of everything from your dog’s walks to his visits to the wet.
- Submitted By Alyssa Richards on 04/20/2019PetPace is absolutely amazing! It gives me a sense of comfort to know that if anything happens to my dog I’ll be aware of it. I have a husky who is almost 16 years old and health hazard increased in the last couple of years dramatically. She had problems with her hips and liver and now she really has trouble with everything. I feel safe knowing that if I’ll get notified in case of any unusual activity so I could react in time.
- Submitted By Lois Maldonado on 01/20/2019I didn’t do my research very well so I taught that next to tracking my dog’s health status I could also track his movements. However, that’s not the case. This device serves to keep your pet’s health in check but offers nothing in regards to monitoring its movements. I have an old dog and this tracker did make sense since I want to know if anything goes wrong but I’d still wanted to know where his at at all times.
Trackimo is a GSM 2G pet tracker that can work for both cats and dogs. Its small and lightweight design and numerous features and implemented technologies enable you to keep a close eye on your pet as long as you have access to a GSM 2G network. Read more about it in this comprehensive Trackimo review.