PetTracer VS PitPat
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
This detailed PitPat vs. PetTracer comparison lets you quickly discover whether you should entrust PitPat or PetTracer with keeping your furry friend safe. Scroll down for a complete overview of their crucial features and find out which of these two pet trackers constitutes a better choice overall.
GPS & Radio-Frequency Tracker For Cats
PitPat is a compact canine activity monitor designed to track and report your pet's activity levels, spent calories, overall weight, and the quality of their sleep throughout the night.
- Small and lightweight monitor with parachute-grade Velcro
- Rugged external housing with IP-67 water resistance rating
- Replaceable battery/free app for Android and iOS devices
- Price: $51.07
- Shipping: $
PetTracer combines high-precision GPS with radio-frequency tracking in order to monitor your pet's location both inside and outside your home and provide you with results through your online account.
- Durable construction with a one-click release function
- Lightweight design with an adjustable strap and LED light
- Up to 30 days of battery life depending on your cat's activity
- Price: $119.00
- Shipping: $
PitPat is a dog activity monitor designed to provide you with exhaustive exercise-related information about your dog while keeping track of your pet's sleep cycle, traversed distance, and overall weight. It is one of the smallest and lightest pet monitors that comes with a proprietary app, differentiates between walking, running, playing, resting, and pottering, and can operate on a single battery for more than a year.
Pet Activity Monitor
PitPat features a rugged design and attaches to any collar via parachute-grade Velcro. The device is made of plastic and hard rubber and has a big paw button in the center used to initiate data transfer to your phone. It measures 40 x 30 x 15mm and weighs only 16g.
PitPat's default Velcro can attach to any collar or harness under 30 x 5mm. The official website also features a longer Velcro for wider collars.
Suitable For Cats
PitPat is not shockproof, but its sturdy construction allows it to last for years, even with the most adventurous of pets. It features an IP-67 waterproof rating, which means it can be submerged in up to 1m of water for up to 30 minutes.
Key Tracking Features
PitPat is not a pet tracker.
Pet Activity Monitoring
PitPat was designed to differentiate between walking, running, playing, resting, and pottering around the house. Even though it cannot detect sleeping directly, the device monitors nocturnal activity, which allows you to gauge the overall quality of your dog's sleep. You can also set certain activity goals and receive alerts when your pet meets them. The implemented algorithm can calculate the time needed to reach a certain weight and alert you when your dog loses 10% of its body mass.
PitPat does not come with training assistance.
PitPat app enables you to keep a detailed weight history of your dog and view the results over time. After achieving certain goals, you will receive corresponding badges and points, which can be redeemed on the official website for additional pet equipment and other interesting prizes.
PitPat utilizes Bluetooth 4.0 only to transfer the recorded data to your phone. The collected information is stored in the memory of the device that can hold up to one week's worth of data.
Around 1 year (disposable)
PitPat app is absolutely free and can be used on any device running Android 5.0+ or iOS 9.0+. Apart from different activity types, the app shows the traversed distance, caloric expenditure, and your pet's body weight. It keeps track of any set goals and alerts you when they are met. Reaching goals unlocks certain badges and points that can be redeemed for some interesting prizes.
PitPat utilizes Bluetooth 4.0 to transfer the collected data to your phone.
PitPat can work anywhere in the world
- PitPat - £39.00 - PitPat Life subscription - £4.00 per month (12 months minimum)
Shipping and Delivery
PitPat uses Royal Mail First Class and all orders received before 2 PM are shipped the same day. The package can fit through all standard letterboxes and no signature is required. The shipments usually take 1 day to arrive at a specified address within the UK.
PitPat Life subscription comes with a 21-day money-back guarantee.
PitPat device comes with a 1-year warranty against any defects in material and/or craftsmanship.
PetTracer is a cat tracker that combines GPS and radio-frequency tracking to monitor your pet’s location both outside and in your home. It comes with an integrated direction finder that functions even without GPS reception. It is lightweight and durable and the provided HomeStation can track up to 5 cats at the same time.
GPS Pet Tracker
PetTracer features a robust design that ensures durability even with the most adventurous of pets. The collar is made of hard plastic and comes with a customizable nylon strap, which makes PetTracer a one-size-fits-all unit. Its weight of 34g is balanced evenly through the collar, increasing comfort for your pet. The unit comes with built-in white LED lights that help you locate your cat in low-visibility conditions. It also features the auto-release functionality to prevent accidental suffocation.
PetTracer is a one-size-fits-all unit and its minimum circumference is 21.5cm (around 8.46”).
Suitable For Cats
PetTracer features a sturdy construction, which ensures durability and longevity. The ring is made of hard plastic and the adjustment strap is made of tough nylon. Replacements can be purchased separately if your pet manages to damage the strap. The official website also describes the unit as “weatherproof.”
Key Tracking Features
PetTracer includes the following tracking features:
- High-sensitivity GPS antenna, which enables you to monitor the current location of your pet through your personal PetTracer account. The digital map will show you his or her routes in the form of a line or heat signature;
- Radio-frequency direction finder, which is a rare piece of technology that allows you to track your cat indoors where GPS cannot access;
- If you are tracking multiple cats, their movements will be marked by different customizable colors.
Pet Activity Monitoring
PetTracer does not monitor pet activity.
PetTracer does not come with training assistance.
PetTracer does not come with any additional features.
PetTracer has a range of up to 1 mile, which is affected by the configuration of the terrain. The signal can be extended with additional HomeStations.
Up to 30 days
PetTracer does not feature a smartphone app.
PetTracer uses GPS to track your pet outside of your home and radio-frequency direction finder to monitor him or her indoors. The unit does not come with a smartphone app, but you can view the results through your personal account.
PetTracer does not rely on cellular networks, so it can function anywhere in the world if you have Wi-Fi access.
The PetTracer set (GPS collar + HomeStation) is sold for CHF 198.00. Individual collars cost CHF 119.00. Keep in mind that PetTracer requires a subscription. There are 2 options available: - BASIC (12 months - CHF 108.00; 24 months – CHF 192.00; 36 months – CHF 252.00; 48 months – CHF 288.00) - PetTracer Set or a single collar; - PLUS (12 months – CHF 216.00; 24 months – CHF 384.00; 36 months – CHF 504.00; 48 months – CHF 576.00) - Up to 5 cat collars.
Shipping and Delivery
PetTracer is currently only sold in the UK, Switzerland, and the European Union.
PetTracer falls under the Swiss refund rules, which regard refunds as a “goodwill action of the company.”
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Mike J. on 12/25/2019I initially thought this has GPS but it’s a pretty cool little gadget even without it.
- Submitted By Jenny86 on 11/20/2019PitPat was just what I needed for my puppy since I want to make sure everything is perfect from the start. The app is easy to use and shows you pretty much everything you’ll ever care about. It attaches really easily and never comes off, even when we’re outside.
- Submitted By tony kelly on 11/17/2019This is my first time using a cat tracker and as far as im concerned its really good. the collar is light and slightly soft and can fir cats with small necks,mine is 1 year and 2 months old and fits him just right if i tighten the strap. nothing is perfect with gadgets and only thing it needs is an app which they said is due out next year,however it works find using their web portal and i saved link to homescreen on my smartphone. i had trouble setting it up at first and support messaged me via facebook messenger on a saturday afternoon and we sorted it all out. its very light and battery lasts ok not tested it fully yet and ive had it on fast all the time. it does the job and im happy knowing where my cat is all the time.only downside is the subscription your tied into for one year. at 12.99 monthly from,.,it sounds expensive.but thats ok. def worth it though
- Submitted By Ingrid 115 on 05/27/2019No app but you can look at the results on your account. The collar is not as sleek as it looked in the pictures but it works and does a decent job.
- Submitted By Mario Schwarz on 02/14/2019Ok tracker for the price I guess but nothing special.
PitPat is a sturdy and lightweight dog activity monitor designed to help you track the overall activity levels of your pet, see how much calories he or she spends on a daily basis, and find out more about his or her sleep cycle. Read this exhaustive PitPat review to learn all about this device and check if it is right for you and your pup.