DOTT Pet Tracker and Pod 3 may seem quite similar at first glance, but they are actually more different than you may initially assume. This DOTT Pet Tracker vs. Pod 3 comparison is designed to show you exactly what each of these two pet trackers offers, highlight their main strong and weak points, and reveal which one of them may be a more reliable tracking solution.
- Small and lightweight; water-resistant and shatterproof
- Virtual leash informs you when your pet wanders off too far
- Keep a record of your pet’s activities (walks, food, and more)
- Price: $40.00
- Shipping: $
- Waterproof & shockproof tracking unit weighing just 1.1 oz.
- Minimum location update interval of just 10 seconds
- Activity and movement monitoring and adventure recording
- Price: $129.00
- Shipping: $0 *
- Location tracking within the range of 350 feet;
- Community location tracking with notifications sent to the owner’s phone when the pet is found by another DOTT app user;
- Virtual Leash that allows the user to set up a mobile safe zone for his or her pet.
- Health journal, which allows you to keep track of your pet’s walks, potty breaks, food intake, and medication;
- Sharing responsibilities with multiple caretakers with regular status updates related to pet care.
- 3 tracking modes, including Standby for battery saving, Safe Zone with instant notifications when the pet leaves the safe zone, and Adventure, with the most frequently updated location information;
- Near-real-time tracking, with location updated every 10 seconds in live tracking adventure mode;
- Multiple safe zones, which you can customize both in terms of location and size;
- Location history, which allows you to view your pet’s past locations for the period of 24 hours;
- Sharing, which allows multiple users to track the location of the same pet at once.
- Constantly refreshed details on rest, walk, and play activity, with time spent walking and playing expressed in minutes and rest time expressed in hours;
- Daily, weekly, and monthly activity overviews;
- Custom-defined daily activity goals.
- Movement tracking, with the device constantly monitoring your pet’s movement and identifying unusual and sudden changes in your pet’s activity and behavior;
- Adventure recording, which allows you to record your pet’s walks and revisit them later, with adventures shown on a map and including information on distance walked, time spent walking, area covered, and your pet’s speed.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Jack Green on 03/20/2019This device will only give you in and out of range alerts. It doesn’t give you the exact location of your pet, just notifies you when your pet is within range.
- Submitted By Gary Adams on 01/20/2019Good concept but still in the early stage. I bought this because I saw it had many positive reviews and it was a reasonable price. However, I don’t know how useful it is when you need to locate a lost pet.
- Submitted By Inara Mayers on 12/08/2019I apreciate that don’t have to be a rocket scientist to be able to operate this device. The app is quite self-explanatory. You have a map screen that shows you where your dog has been and the other screen shows his movement history and it also covers your pets safe zone which it shouldn’t enter but if it does you can keep track of where he’s going. You can also watch tutorials that explain how to use the app and what it has to offer. The app allows you to add other pets. I can also sent everything I see to my husband and sister so we can all be in the loop which I know sounds crazy but Stella is our baby and we need to take care of her the best we can.
- Submitted By Stacy Waller on 11/30/2019Jill is the type of dog that is restless and keeps bumping into things. And she likes to play with other dogs that usually turns into a full blown wrestling match so it’s safe to say that she needs high quality equipment if you don’t intend to buy new stuff every few days. This tracker turned out to be completely Jill-proof which means bite proof, rock-proof, water-proof and any other type of proof Jill needs. You would not believe how many leashes and trackers she chewed through or broke or they just fell off at some point so having this tracker as long as we do is nothing short of a miracle.
- Submitted By Vivek Scott on 11/17/2019I feel Burton is covered in every which way possible. The tracker has a bluetooth, wifi and gps and cell connection. I was really happy when I read that. When I’m at home, the tracker is connected to the wifi, outside it has gps or you can connect on bluetooth is he doesn’t go far. Cell connection is not tied to the specific provider which is really a good thing and you can keep track of everything on the app you can download on your phone. I let Burton wander around not worrying for a second that he might get lost somewhere I never been before.
- Submitted By Faye Short on 11/02/2019I opted on this tracker because I can connect through almost everything but I was a bit worried because of the shape it seemed big and I didn’t know if it would make problems since my dogs likes to move around a lot and sleep under the bed and in other not easy to reach areas. It has been two months now and the tracker is still in place. I didn’t notice anything different in Mikes routine. He keeps doing what he does without any problems I think. I managed to strap it firmly and it still holds the same and I think it is due to the fact that it is really light even though it is shaped funny.
Pod 3 is a GPS tracker for cats and dogs that boasts a vast range of useful location and activity tracking features. It is waterproof, shockproof, and among the lightest pet trackers available. If you are interested in getting a pet tracker that can do more than just provide your pet’s location information, read this honest Pod 3 review.