Pod 3 VS Felcana
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
Felcana and Pod 3 are both highly rated pet tracking solutions, but they greatly differ in terms of the features they offer. In this Felcana vs. Pod 3 review, we list their top qualities side by side and determine which of these two pet trackers offers greater value for your money.
The First Clinical-Grade Pet Activity Monitor
Feature-Rich Location & Activity Tracker
Felcana is the only clinical-grade pet activity monitor in existence. It provides detailed and accurate activity data, allows for early detection of health issues, and monitors pet behavior.
- Lightweight, waterproof, biteproof wearable for cats and dogs
- Provides information on activity levels, duration, and frequency
- Gathers data on your pet’s eating, drinking, and sleeping habits
- Price: $92.00
- Shipping: $
Pod 3 is a GPS pet tracker that uses GPS, cellular, WiFi, and Bluetooth technologies for outdoor and indoor tracking. It works in 175+ world countries and has a virtually unlimited communication range.
- Waterproof & shockproof tracking unit weighing just 1.1 oz.
- Minimum location update interval of just 10 seconds
- Activity and movement monitoring and adventure recording
- Price: $129.00
- Shipping: $0 *
*free shipping in the US, the UK, and Australia, other countries qualify for flat rate shipping of up to $15.35
Felcana is a pet health and activity monitor designed with both dogs and cats in mind. It monitors your pet's activity 24/7, discriminates between different activity levels, monitors eating, drinking, sleeping, and toilet habits, helps detect separation anxiety and various health issues on time, offers activity and behavior notifications, monitors ambient temperature, and provides clinical-grade activity data.
Health And Activity Monitor
Felcana health and activity tracking system consists of a tracking device attached to the pet's collar, a home hub, and micro-location beacons placed on key objects of interest, like food and drink bowls. The system features a sleek design and it is currently available in silver only. The tracking device and the home hub are compact and cuboid-shaped. The tracking device comes with a strap for easy attachment. The micro-location beacons are tiny, cube-shaped, and come with sucker and sticker attachments.
Felcana tracking device comes in only one size. It measures 1.8 inches by 0.6 inches by 0.4 inches (LWH) and fits virtually all collar and pet sizes.
Suitable For Cats
Felcana boasts an IP67 rating, which means that it can withstand bumps and bites, it is protected from contact with dust and other fine particles, and it can be safely submerged in water of up to 3.3 feet for up to 30 minutes. Thus, it can accompany your pet on all of his or her adventures and remain functional for years.
Key Tracking Features
Felcana does not track your pet's location.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Felcana’s key health and activity monitoring features include:
- 24/7 activity monitoring;
- Detailed, clinical-grade activity records;
- Eating, drinking, sleeping, and toilet habit tracking;
- Early detection of health problems through observed changes in activity and behavior;
- Separation anxiety detection through behavior pattern tracking;
- Activity and behavior notifications.
Felcana does not provide training assistance.
Extra features available with Felcana include:
- Ambient temperature monitoring.
Tracking device <–> smartphone: 220 yards Tracking device <–> home hub: 1,300 yards
Tracking device: 7-14 days; Micro-location beacons: 18 months
Felcana comes with a dedicated mobile app compatible with iOS 10.0 and later. The app allows you to access your pet's fact file, view daily, weekly, and monthly activity records, receive notifications, and more. An Android app is not available as of yet.
Felcana uses Bluetooth 5.0 for communication between the tracking device and your smartphone. Long-range <1GHz radio technology is used to enable communication between the tracking device and the home hub. The home hub is WiFi enabled.
Felcana can work anywhere on the globe.
£69.99 (around $92)
Shipping and Delivery
Felcana can be purchased in the UK and it comes with free nationwide delivery.
Felcana comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Felcana comes with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty.
Pod 3 is a Bluetooth and WiFi enabled GPS pet tracker that allows for both indoor and outdoor tracking, works in 175+ world countries, has a virtually unlimited communication range, offers location, activity, and movement monitoring features, and boasts a minimum location update interval of just 10 seconds.
GPS Pet Tracker
The Pod 3 tracking unit is black, cylinder-shaped, and measures just 2’’ in length and 0.9’’ in diameter. It is attached to the pet’s collar using a rubber strap suitable for virtually all collars, as well as larger objects like bicycles or drones.
Pod 3 does not come in different sizes and it fits most collars.
Suitable For Cats
Pod 3 can last for at least a couple of years with proper use. It is both shockproof and waterproof and it is not prone to damage.
Key Tracking Features
Pod 3 allows you to track your pet’s location with:
- 3 tracking modes, including Standby for battery saving, Safe Zone with instant notifications when the pet leaves the safe zone, and Adventure, with the most frequently updated location information;
- Near-real-time tracking, with location updated every 10 seconds in live tracking adventure mode;
- Multiple safe zones, which you can customize both in terms of location and size;
- Location history, which allows you to view your pet’s past locations for the period of 24 hours;
- Sharing, which allows multiple users to track the location of the same pet at once.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Pod 3 allows you to track your pet’s activity with:
- Constantly refreshed details on rest, walk, and play activity, with time spent walking and playing expressed in minutes and rest time expressed in hours;
- Daily, weekly, and monthly activity overviews;
- Custom-defined daily activity goals.
Pod 3 does not provide training assistance.
Extra features available with Pod 3 include:
- Movement tracking, with the device constantly monitoring your pet’s movement and identifying unusual and sudden changes in your pet’s activity and behavior;
- Adventure recording, which allows you to record your pet’s walks and revisit them later, with adventures shown on a map and including information on distance walked, time spent walking, area covered, and your pet’s speed.
Pod 3 works over any distance within cellular and WiFi coverage.
Up to 5 days in standby mode, up to 8 hours in Adventure mode (refresh rate of 10 seconds)
The Pod 3 smartphone app is compatible with Android 5.0+ and iOS 8+. The app can be used for multiple pets. Login details can be shared with friends and family in order to enable multiple users to simultaneously track the same pet via the Pod 3 app. The app features 2 main screens, including the Pet screen and the Map screen. The Pet screen allows you to view details of your pets, their last known locations and location times, and their 24-hour location history. It further lets you manage safe zone, refresh rate, activity monitoring, and adventure recording settings. The Map screen allows you to manage your account settings, add new pets, view location information for your pets, refresh their locations manually, and access Pod Help.
Pod 3 uses GPS technology for outdoor tracking. It is WiFi and Bluetooth enabled for tracking indoors. It uses 2G and 3G cellular networks to transfer location information to the pet guardian's smartphone.
Pod 3 works in 175+ countries on 6 continents
Device: $89 Service Plan: $8.95 per month with the monthly subscription; $4.95 with the yearly subscription.
Shipping and Delivery
Pod 3 comes with free shipping for deliveries to the US, the UK, and Australia. For other countries, there is a shipping fee of up to $15.35.
Pod 3 comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can return the device within 30 days and get a full refund if it is saleable or faulty. If the device is not in a saleable condition, there is a $25 fee. If the device is broken or lost, you do not get a refund but you do get a 50% discount on a new Pod 3.
Pod 3 comes with a 12-month warranty. The warranty covers malfunctions that are not caused by improper use.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Adam Thompson on 02/01/2019Well, it’s not cheap and I wasn’t sure I wanted to spend that kind of money on an activity monitor. But my pup was pretty naughty and still getting used to staying home alone, so I decided to give it a try and return it if it didn’t work. I’m glad I did because it really helped. Turns out separation anxiety is a real thing and Jerry wasn’t chewing on my shoes just because he was bored. We asked the vet about it, she gave us some great advice and I’ve noticed that Jerry has since started sleeping more and chewing less when we’re not at home. It is nice to know what he’s doing when he’s alone and it feels good to be able to take better care of the little fella’s health. I would’ve given it 5 stars, but still, a bit pricey for my taste.
- Submitted By Melinda Jones on 11/18/2018Honestly impressed. I saw it on Kickstarter before and I really liked it but I kept my expectations low. Usually, Kickstarter projects sound better than they really are but Felcana is the coolest activity tracker I’ve used. It answers all my questions and really makes me feel like I’m taking care of my kitty even when I’m not around. Not to mention some sweet revelations, like that Laura always goes to the kitty door minutes before I usually get home from work, to check if I’m coming. Makes me love her even more!
- Submitted By Inara Mayers on 12/08/2019I apreciate that don’t have to be a rocket scientist to be able to operate this device. The app is quite self-explanatory. You have a map screen that shows you where your dog has been and the other screen shows his movement history and it also covers your pets safe zone which it shouldn’t enter but if it does you can keep track of where he’s going. You can also watch tutorials that explain how to use the app and what it has to offer. The app allows you to add other pets. I can also sent everything I see to my husband and sister so we can all be in the loop which I know sounds crazy but Stella is our baby and we need to take care of her the best we can.
- Submitted By Stacy Waller on 11/30/2019Jill is the type of dog that is restless and keeps bumping into things. And she likes to play with other dogs that usually turns into a full blown wrestling match so it’s safe to say that she needs high quality equipment if you don’t intend to buy new stuff every few days. This tracker turned out to be completely Jill-proof which means bite proof, rock-proof, water-proof and any other type of proof Jill needs. You would not believe how many leashes and trackers she chewed through or broke or they just fell off at some point so having this tracker as long as we do is nothing short of a miracle.
- Submitted By Vivek Scott on 11/17/2019I feel Burton is covered in every which way possible. The tracker has a bluetooth, wifi and gps and cell connection. I was really happy when I read that. When I’m at home, the tracker is connected to the wifi, outside it has gps or you can connect on bluetooth is he doesn’t go far. Cell connection is not tied to the specific provider which is really a good thing and you can keep track of everything on the app you can download on your phone. I let Burton wander around not worrying for a second that he might get lost somewhere I never been before.
- Submitted By Faye Short on 11/02/2019I opted on this tracker because I can connect through almost everything but I was a bit worried because of the shape it seemed big and I didn’t know if it would make problems since my dogs likes to move around a lot and sleep under the bed and in other not easy to reach areas. It has been two months now and the tracker is still in place. I didn’t notice anything different in Mikes routine. He keeps doing what he does without any problems I think. I managed to strap it firmly and it still holds the same and I think it is due to the fact that it is really light even though it is shaped funny.
Pod 3 is a GPS tracker for cats and dogs that boasts a vast range of useful location and activity tracking features. It is waterproof, shockproof, and among the lightest pet trackers available. If you are interested in getting a pet tracker that can do more than just provide your pet’s location information, read this honest Pod 3 review.