Pod 3 and Pawscout are both highly rated pet tracking solutions, but they greatly differ in terms of the features they offer. In this Pod 3 VS Pawscout review, we list their top qualities side by side and determine which of these two pet trackers offers greater value for your money.
- Small, waterproof smart tag weighing just about 0.2 ounces
- Mobile Virtual Leash safe zone centered in your position
- Keep vet records, track walks & discover pet-friendly spots
- Price: $19.95
- Shipping: $2.95
- Waterproof & shockproof tracking unit weighing just 1.1 oz.
- Minimum location update interval of just 10 seconds
- Activity and movement monitoring and adventure recording
- Price: $129.00
- Shipping: $0 *
- Active location tracking within a range of 300 feet,
- Community location tracking, with notifications sent if your pet is found by another Pawscout user;
- Virtual Leash, which allows you to set up a mobile safe zone around your location;
- Tracking walks, with information on the distance walked and time spent walking;
- Sharing, which lets you enable your friends and family to keep track of your pet’s location.
- Detailed digital pet profile with medical records;
- Coverage map, showing other Pawscout users in your area;
- Pet-related points of interest, with a map showing vets, groomers, shelters, parks, and pet-friendly locations and businesses in your area.
- 3 tracking modes, including Standby for battery saving, Safe Zone with instant notifications when the pet leaves the safe zone, and Adventure, with the most frequently updated location information;
- Near-real-time tracking, with location updated every 10 seconds in live tracking adventure mode;
- Multiple safe zones, which you can customize both in terms of location and size;
- Location history, which allows you to view your pet’s past locations for the period of 24 hours;
- Sharing, which allows multiple users to track the location of the same pet at once.
- Constantly refreshed details on rest, walk, and play activity, with time spent walking and playing expressed in minutes and rest time expressed in hours;
- Daily, weekly, and monthly activity overviews;
- Custom-defined daily activity goals.
- Movement tracking, with the device constantly monitoring your pet’s movement and identifying unusual and sudden changes in your pet’s activity and behavior;
- Adventure recording, which allows you to record your pet’s walks and revisit them later, with adventures shown on a map and including information on distance walked, time spent walking, area covered, and your pet’s speed.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Walter Price on 11/22/2018You can build an entire community with this little device and have your entire neighborhood keep an eye out every time your pet wanders off. Now it’s just the matter of convincing my neighbors to buy this tracker.
- Submitted By Carolyn Stewart on 09/08/2018My cell phone was not compatible with this tracker.
- Submitted By Eric Lopez on 08/12/2018I like how you can attach it to pretty much any collar so I don’t have to buy any extra equipment. I don’t like that you have to download the tracking app since I’m much more used to the commander device.
- Submitted By Roberta Smith on 05/29/2018The accuracy thing is true, it happened to me a couple of times, I didn't get a notification even though my beagle was way outside the range. But I want to say that this does not happen all the time and I like that anyone can use the app for free, it really helps raise awareness about lost pets and helps owners reconnect with their pooches and kitties. Plus, the tag is really useful when we go for a walk, with the virtual leash, I don't even use the real leash anymore.
- Submitted By Inara Mayers on 12/08/2019I apreciate that don’t have to be a rocket scientist to be able to operate this device. The app is quite self-explanatory. You have a map screen that shows you where your dog has been and the other screen shows his movement history and it also covers your pets safe zone which it shouldn’t enter but if it does you can keep track of where he’s going. You can also watch tutorials that explain how to use the app and what it has to offer. The app allows you to add other pets. I can also sent everything I see to my husband and sister so we can all be in the loop which I know sounds crazy but Stella is our baby and we need to take care of her the best we can.
- Submitted By Stacy Waller on 11/30/2019Jill is the type of dog that is restless and keeps bumping into things. And she likes to play with other dogs that usually turns into a full blown wrestling match so it’s safe to say that she needs high quality equipment if you don’t intend to buy new stuff every few days. This tracker turned out to be completely Jill-proof which means bite proof, rock-proof, water-proof and any other type of proof Jill needs. You would not believe how many leashes and trackers she chewed through or broke or they just fell off at some point so having this tracker as long as we do is nothing short of a miracle.
- Submitted By Vivek Scott on 11/17/2019I feel Burton is covered in every which way possible. The tracker has a bluetooth, wifi and gps and cell connection. I was really happy when I read that. When I’m at home, the tracker is connected to the wifi, outside it has gps or you can connect on bluetooth is he doesn’t go far. Cell connection is not tied to the specific provider which is really a good thing and you can keep track of everything on the app you can download on your phone. I let Burton wander around not worrying for a second that he might get lost somewhere I never been before.
- Submitted By Faye Short on 11/02/2019I opted on this tracker because I can connect through almost everything but I was a bit worried because of the shape it seemed big and I didn’t know if it would make problems since my dogs likes to move around a lot and sleep under the bed and in other not easy to reach areas. It has been two months now and the tracker is still in place. I didn’t notice anything different in Mikes routine. He keeps doing what he does without any problems I think. I managed to strap it firmly and it still holds the same and I think it is due to the fact that it is really light even though it is shaped funny.
Pod 3 is a GPS tracker for cats and dogs that boasts a vast range of useful location and activity tracking features. It is waterproof, shockproof, and among the lightest pet trackers available. If you are interested in getting a pet tracker that can do more than just provide your pet’s location information, read this honest Pod 3 review.