Pod 3 and Pawscout are both highly rated pet tracking solutions, but they greatly differ in terms of the features they offer. In this Pod 3 VS Pawscout review, we list their top qualities side by side and determine which of these two pet trackers offers greater value for your money.
- Small, waterproof smart tag weighing just about 0.2 ounces
- Mobile Virtual Leash safe zone centered in your position
- Keep vet records, track walks & discover pet-friendly spots
- Price: $19.95
- Shipping: $2.95
- Waterproof & shockproof tracking unit weighing just 1.1 oz.
- Minimum location update interval of just 10 seconds
- Activity and movement monitoring and adventure recording
- Price: $129.00
- Shipping: $0 *
- Active location tracking within a range of 300 feet,
- Community location tracking, with notifications sent if your pet is found by another Pawscout user;
- Virtual Leash, which allows you to set up a mobile safe zone around your location;
- Tracking walks, with information on the distance walked and time spent walking;
- Sharing, which lets you enable your friends and family to keep track of your pet’s location.
- Detailed digital pet profile with medical records;
- Coverage map, showing other Pawscout users in your area;
- Pet-related points of interest, with a map showing vets, groomers, shelters, parks, and pet-friendly locations and businesses in your area.
- 3 tracking modes, including Standby for battery saving, Safe Zone with instant notifications when the pet leaves the safe zone, and Adventure, with the most frequently updated location information;
- Near-real-time tracking, with location updated every 10 seconds in live tracking adventure mode;
- Multiple safe zones, which you can customize both in terms of location and size;
- Location history, which allows you to view your pet’s past locations for the period of 24 hours;
- Sharing, which allows multiple users to track the location of the same pet at once.
- Constantly refreshed details on rest, walk, and play activity, with time spent walking and playing expressed in minutes and rest time expressed in hours;
- Daily, weekly, and monthly activity overviews;
- Custom-defined daily activity goals.
- Movement tracking, with the device constantly monitoring your pet’s movement and identifying unusual and sudden changes in your pet’s activity and behavior;
- Adventure recording, which allows you to record your pet’s walks and revisit them later, with adventures shown on a map and including information on distance walked, time spent walking, area covered, and your pet’s speed.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Walter Price on 11/22/2018You can build an entire community with this little device and have your entire neighborhood keep an eye out every time your pet wanders off. Now it’s just the matter of convincing my neighbors to buy this tracker.
- Submitted By Carolyn Stewart on 09/08/2018My cell phone was not compatible with this tracker.
- Submitted By Eric Lopez on 08/12/2018I like how you can attach it to pretty much any collar so I don’t have to buy any extra equipment. I don’t like that you have to download the tracking app since I’m much more used to the commander device.
- Submitted By Roberta Smith on 05/29/2018The accuracy thing is true, it happened to me a couple of times, I didn't get a notification even though my beagle was way outside the range. But I want to say that this does not happen all the time and I like that anyone can use the app for free, it really helps raise awareness about lost pets and helps owners reconnect with their pooches and kitties. Plus, the tag is really useful when we go for a walk, with the virtual leash, I don't even use the real leash anymore.
- Submitted By Huan Ramirez on 12/22/2018I usually use it to see what my dog is doing when he’s not with me and understand his daily patterns better. It’s an excellent device for that and I also like that I’m not limited to one connectivity tech. Bluetooth is def not ideal but it’s nice to have the option.
- Submitted By Josh Lewis on 04/28/2018Excellent 2 in 1 tracker, great app, good battery life, fast refresh, so far my favorite. We'll see how long it lasts, considering my doberman is not the one to lie around and do nothing, but it seems more durable than others I've tried.
- Submitted By Melinda Patterson on 04/27/2018I'm not liking the design that much, but my little feline beauty got used to it straight away, so I guess it works. It's easy to use, the battery is ok, usually lasts about 3 days, except when I'm recording, which I rarely do. I don't find activity tracking that useful, but I guess its a matter of taste, I don't really need it because Patty is more than active and I don't obsess over her exercising.
- Submitted By Roger Riggs on 02/21/2018Exactly what I was looking for plus free lifetime subscription! I'm pretty sure you can't get anything better at this price. I like how clear location and activity data are, whoever made the app knew what he was doing. Customer support is great too, 5 out of 5.
Pod 3 is a GPS tracker for cats and dogs that boasts a vast range of useful location and activity tracking features. It is waterproof, shockproof, and among the lightest pet trackers available. If you are interested in getting a pet tracker that can do more than just provide your pet’s location information, read this honest Pod 3 review.