If you are stuck choosing between Fi and SportDOG TEK 2.0, our comprehensive Fi vs. SportDOG TEK 2.0 comparison can help you pick the right pet tracker in no time. View their most important features below and discover which pet tracking solution is the winner of this comparison.
- GPS tracking through the LTE-M network + 3-month battery life
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity/Lost Dog Mode with red LED
- Works in all US states and comes in 4 different sizes
- Price: $149.00
- Shipping: $
- Free 1:100,000 topographical maps preloaded
- Uses GPS and GLONASS for optimal accuracy
- 45-day money-back guarantee; 2-year warranty
- Price: $604.95
- Shipping: $
- 24/7 GPS tracking on the new LTE-M network, which allows you to keep track of your dog’s movements even when taken out by dog walkers or caretakers;
- Geo-fencing, which enables you to create safe zones and receive instant notifications the moment your pet exits the defined perimeter. You can make as many safe zones as you want, which makes traveling with your pet much less stressful;
- Lost Dog Mode, which switches the unit to live location tracking and activates the red pulsing LED light on the collar, alerting individuals that might see your pet and helping you locate him or her in low-visibility conditions.
- Live tracking through the use of GPS and GLONASS;
- Location updates every 3 seconds (time intervals manually adjustable);
- Voice updates via a Bluetooth-enabled earpiece;
- Access to preloaded 1:100,000 maps that come with no subscription fee;
- Easy-to-use compass;
- Trip Computer, where you can view all of the information related to each trip (coordinates, average moving speed, distance traveled, and total tracking time);
- Journal, which allows you to enter and save notes and waypoints;
- Sun/Moon Hunt, providing insights into the sun and moon rising and setting times as well as information about hunting conditions.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Geoffrey Stanley on 12/10/2019The thing I like most about this app is that it has its own app where you can track your dog’s movement easily and without confusion. I’m not good with tech so it’s really important that know what I’m doing and fi tracker app made it easy. Another thing I like is that is not state limited so I can use it even when I take my dog traveling. We went hiking when we were at my boyfriend’s parents in Colorado and the app worked all the way even when we were high up and without a strong signal. I feel safe knowing my Penny is well taken care of.
- Submitted By Jose Ball on 11/29/2019I very satisfied with the tracker except for the collar which didn’t last that long. I have two dogs one of them being very active. He likes to chew everything most of all his brother’s collar. Every time we go out both of my dog get very excited and while Ben knows how to sit down and wait for the leash, Roger gets unbearable while he jumps up and down and keeps biting his brother’s collar. Long story short the collar is all chewed up and has to be replaced. I was hoping it could withstand more.
- Submitted By Delbert Gomez on 11/20/2019This Fi tracker is the best thing that has happened to me! My buddy and I take long walks around to the lake almost every day. He loves jumping into the water even when it’s cold outside and this tracker seems to be handling it very well. For me the battery lasted more than a month and a half and gps work even in the remote areas where coverage is not that good. The app is easy to read and it has the lost dog mode which is immediately activated in case anything bad happens. I feel much better ever since my dog started wearing it.
- Submitted By Tommie Mccoy on 11/02/2019I always wondered what would I do if Charlie, that’s my dog, would to run away when we were traveling. I would love to take him anywhere with me but I don’t know how he’ll react to new environments so I leave him with my mom and dad mostly. And it was tearing my heart. I did a little research and found that Fi Tracker enables whole country coverage in case you and your pet leave the state. I’ve recently bought it I was amazed by how long the battery lasts, I didn’t need to charge it yet and it has been almost a month. Finally, I was able to take Charlie on a road trip, we went to see my parents is Vioming for a test drive. I was tracking our movement on the app the whole time we were there. Couldn’t be happier!
- Submitted By Mark on 03/14/2019I initially started with TEK 1.0 and I am happy that this more updated version has a lot more to offer in terms of features and range. The setting up process takes a while and that user manual is super long, however, it's worth every penny even though my wife wouldn't necessarily agree.
- Submitted By Kevin on 01/17/2019It took me a while to read the manual but, thank God that I did because I wouldn't be aware of all the things that TEK 2.0 can offer its users. I used it for the first time last weekend with my hunting buddies and although the range is not as high as it states, it was still good enough.
- Submitted By Paul on 12/07/2018Never go hunting without it. My second-best friend after my dog.
Fi tracker is a modern pet tracker primarily designed to locate lost dogs and monitor their location and activity levels on a daily basis. The collar comes packed with numerous impressive features and has a battery that can last up to 3 months. Read this honest and comprehensive Fi tracker review to learn more and see if the unit works for you.