SportDOG TEK 2.0 and Tagg may seem quite similar at first glance, but they are actually more different than you may initially assume. This SportDOG TEK 2.0 vs. Tagg comparison is designed to show you exactly what each of these two pet trackers offers, highlight their main strong and weak points, and reveal which one of them may be a more reliable tracking solution.
- Free 1:100,000 topographical maps preloaded
- Uses GPS and GLONASS for optimal accuracy
- 45-day money-back guarantee; 2-year warranty
- Price: $604.95
- Shipping: $
- Small, light, waterproof tracker for pets weighing 10+ pounds
- Rechargeable battery that lasts for 7 days on a single charge
- 3-minute location updates; daily and weekly activity statistics
- Price: $120.00
- Shipping: $
- Live tracking through the use of GPS and GLONASS;
- Location updates every 3 seconds (time intervals manually adjustable);
- Voice updates via a Bluetooth-enabled earpiece;
- Access to preloaded 1:100,000 maps that come with no subscription fee;
- Easy-to-use compass;
- Trip Computer, where you can view all of the information related to each trip (coordinates, average moving speed, distance traveled, and total tracking time);
- Journal, which allows you to enter and save notes and waypoints;
- Sun/Moon Hunt, providing insights into the sun and moon rising and setting times as well as information about hunting conditions.
- Active tracking via an interactive map with 3-minute location updates;
- Customizable safe zone with a modifiable radius and location;
- Sharing pet location information with friends and family.
- Discover how much time your pet spent resting, walking, and playing;
- Compare daily and weekly activity stats;
- Custom-define activity goals for your pet.
- Trip mode, which lets you disable notifications and tracking during travel;
- Power saving mode; which conserves battery when the pet is close to the base station.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Mark on 03/14/2019I initially started with TEK 1.0 and I am happy that this more updated version has a lot more to offer in terms of features and range. The setting up process takes a while and that user manual is super long, however, it's worth every penny even though my wife wouldn't necessarily agree.
- Submitted By Kevin on 01/17/2019It took me a while to read the manual but, thank God that I did because I wouldn't be aware of all the things that TEK 2.0 can offer its users. I used it for the first time last weekend with my hunting buddies and although the range is not as high as it states, it was still good enough.
- Submitted By Paul on 12/07/2018Never go hunting without it. My second-best friend after my dog.
- Submitted By Kim Pyle on 07/05/2018Real neat design, the app is awesome, and I’m really happy with activity monitoring. Cuddles hasn’t run away so far, but I sure worry less and I don’t have to charge the battery every day, which is a great plus.
- Submitted By Gregg Farley on 06/15/2018I’m not exactly blown away, I tested it a couple times with my pet outside the safe zone and it took a while before I got the notification. Plus, the email notification thing is just ridiculous. I mean, I don’t check my email every minute and I don’t know anyone who does. I’m giving it 4 stars because it is actually well crafted, it’s just got some pretty stupid flaws like late notifications, which is strange because it is otherwise pretty great.
- Submitted By Tom Clark on 02/12/2018A pretty simple pet tracker, works rather well, but for that price, it should offer at least 60-second updates.
SportDOG TEK 2.0 is a dog tracking system for hunters that offers great accuracy and precision thanks to the HopTek, GPS, and GLONASS technologies. Offering near-live tracking for up to 21 dogs at a time as well as easy-to-read topographical maps, TEK 2.0 has many interesting features to offer. Learn more in our SportDOG TEK 2.0 review