Tractive GPS and Find My Pet Nano may seem quite similar at first glance, but they are actually more different than you may initially assume. This Tractive GPS VS Find My Pet Nano comparison is designed to show you exactly what each of these two pet trackers offers, highlight their main strong and weak points, and reveal which one of them may be a more reliable tracking solution.
- Small, lightweight, durable, and water-resistant pet tracker
- Works anywhere within GSM (2G) cellular network coverage
- WiFi and Bluetooth enabled tracker for easy tracking indoors
- Price: $79.95
- Shipping: $0
- Live tracking with location data updated every 2-3 seconds
- Waterproof, shockproof, lightweight, and attractively designed
- 12-month guarantee and free replacements during the service period
- Price: $79.99
- Shipping: $0 *
- Instant notifications, sent when your pet leaves the safe zone;
- Customizable update frequency, which allows you to determine how often you want your pet’s location information to be refreshed within the range of 1 to 120 minutes;
- Location history, which enables you to view your pet’s past locations, with data stored for a year;
- Virtual fences, which allow you to determine the size and location of the safe zone;
- Speed alarm, which notifies you when your pet’s speed exceeds the limit you define;
- SOS alarm, activated by pressing the SOS button on the device, which informs you about the exact location of your pet;
- Sharing, which lets you set text and email alerts for up to 10 people.
- Low battery alarm, which sends an instant notification when it is time to recharge your device’s battery.
- Live tracking mode, with location information updated every 2-3 seconds;
- Fully interactive map, which lets you switch between 4 different views, including regular map, hybrid, satellite image, and augmented reality;
- Speed, which enables you to find out how fast your pet is moving;
- Altitude, which allows you to discover the current altitude of the device from sea level;
- Location history, which shows your pet’s previous positions in the form of a linear path on the map;
- Virtual Fence, that is, the safe zone, which can be custom-defined and has a minimum radius of 164 feet;
- Tracker Sharing, which allows you to share your pet’s location with your friends so they can aid you in your search.
- Battery status, which lets you keep track of the device’s battery level within the app, so you can recharge it on time or make haste if you are currently tracking your pet;
- Buzzer function, which allows you to remotely activate the built-in speaker and locate your device more easily if you lose it – not available in the US.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Maizie Hog on 09/28/2019My only fear was due to the fact that I’m useless with any tech devices and I won’t be able to find my way around this thing so it will just be money wasted. However this app is so easy to use like I’m following some navigation app I used before. You can adjust everything in settings according to your dog’s unique characteristics. You can see his past movements and you can add your family and friends information in case your dog gets lost and you don’t see the alarm. The notifications about him being out of the safe zone will reach everyone you put in as alert recipients and someone will be able to track you down. It is like a parent tree but for your pets :)
- Submitted By Pearce Hudson on 04/22/2019Even though this tracker doesn’t provide any kind of activity tracking it has lots of features that are very useful and that you should look for when buying a pet tracker. For example if your dog or cat leave the safe zone you get notifications around the clock which means 24/7, the alerts are instant and the location of your pet gets constantly updated every few seconds but you can set it up in the range of 1 minute to two hours. The safe zone is defined by you in the app by stretching the borders you see on the app. Or you can change the location completely once you decide to create another safe zone somewhere else.
- Submitted By Kaylem Mccoy on 02/20/2019I think that the price is fine for the device but what I don’t understand is why is there only a 3 year subscription plan and not for just a year or two years. Three years is a bit much and the next available option is only a monthly subscription. What if I decide to switch to another tracker if this one doesn’t suit me anymore? I mean it’s not likely that will happen since I really do like what it offers but I would still like to have the option but with 3 year subscription it would just be money wasted.
- Submitted By Keyan Logan on 12/05/2018I love the fact that is so small and light and my cat doesn’t seem to mind wearing it at all times. We used to have trouble in the past when she was constantly trying to take everything off and somehow she always managed to pull it off but now she ok with it. We have been using the tracker for three months now and we are really pleased especially that it is waterproof so it means our cat can go outside even if it rains and the tracker will still function normally.
- Submitted By August Redfern on 12/09/2019I recommend Tracative GPS to everyone because it covers a number of countries all over the world so you don’t have to worry you will lose your pet no matter where you go, it doesn’t rely on one phone network alone, it has tons of perks and awesome features, it has a one year guarantee and you can track your pet in real time. All these things play key role at least they do for me and I think that every tracking device should provide the same.
- Submitted By Jayce Daniels on 12/01/2019I think it is fairly priced considering all the features and benefits you get with tracative. I opted for premium service since there’s not much difference in the price but you get more benefits that really come in handy once you need them. It is true that you can’t buy monthly subscription with premium package, only 2 year plan, but I think that it pays out and makes no sense to renew it every month if you plan on using it anyways.
- Submitted By Karam Cotton on 11/20/2019I like that Tracitive is not restricted to just one cell network so there’s no problem with the coverage. I installed the app on both my cell and computer so I can access it whenever it is the most convenient. The app is great and stores location, location history, you can see battery status and activate the safe zone. You can use it for more than one dog and have everything in one place. If your dog leaves the safe zone you planed for him you get instant notification and that is when live tracking really comes in handy because you can immediately see where your dog has gone and find him before anything happens.
- Submitted By Misbah Mayo on 11/17/2019What convinced me to by this tracker is that it has live tracking mode instead of waiting for the data to get transferred. It can mean the difference between a life or death situation if your dog gets loose and runs away somewhere where the traffic is crazy or if it’s too hot or too cold outside. The tracking is easy because the app shows you the map you can easily follow and you can see your dog’s movements. Just make sure you keep live tracking on when you go for a walk or in the area you don’t know. You never know what can happen so better come prepared.
Tractive GPS is a GPS pet tracker for dogs and cats that allows for easy tracking in real time. It boasts worldwide coverage, an unlimited connection range, plenty of extra tracking features, and a highly attractive design. Discover what makes this GPS pet tracking solution superior to its competitors in our comprehensive Tractive GPS review.