Marco Polo and Tractive GPS may seem quite similar at first glance, but they are actually more different than you may initially assume. This Marco Polo VS Tractive GPS comparison is designed to show you exactly what each of these two pet trackers offers, highlight their main strong and weak points, and reveal which one of them may be a more reliable tracking solution.
- Easy indoor and outdoor tracking in any corner of the world
- Quick alerts and a minimum safe zone radius of just 50 feet
- Battery life of up to 45 days, up to 3 days with live tracking
- Price: $234.95
- Shipping: $0 *
- Live tracking with location data updated every 2-3 seconds
- Waterproof, shockproof, lightweight, and attractively designed
- 12-month guarantee and free replacements during the service period
- Price: $79.99
- Shipping: $0 *
- True real-time tracking, with location information updated in a few seconds;
- Single-button tracking, which allows even absolute beginners to easily track their pets with live tracking activated with a single push of the button;
- Safe zones, with 4 preset boundary levels available, including 50-feet, 100-feet, 300-feet, and maximum-range radius;
- Alerts, sent when your pet leaves the safe zone, arriving within a maximum of 80 seconds;
- Phone notifications, enabled via the external alarm output, with prerecorded voice messages sent to 1 or multiple phone contacts;
- Search mode, used when your pet is out of range, which allows you to receive a beep alert when communication between the tracking tag and the locator is reestablished.
- Live tracking mode, with location information updated every 2-3 seconds;
- Fully interactive map, which lets you switch between 4 different views, including regular map, hybrid, satellite image, and augmented reality;
- Speed, which enables you to find out how fast your pet is moving;
- Altitude, which allows you to discover the current altitude of the device from sea level;
- Location history, which shows your pet’s previous positions in the form of a linear path on the map;
- Virtual Fence, that is, the safe zone, which can be custom-defined and has a minimum radius of 164 feet;
- Tracker Sharing, which allows you to share your pet’s location with your friends so they can aid you in your search.
- Battery status, which lets you keep track of the device’s battery level within the app, so you can recharge it on time or make haste if you are currently tracking your pet;
- Buzzer function, which allows you to remotely activate the built-in speaker and locate your device more easily if you lose it – not available in the US.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Tim Kelly on 09/20/2019I bought this tracker specifically for the reason it is not limited to just USA. I travel a lot and take Bambie with me everywhere I go and I feel much safer knowing I can keep track on her when we are not together. She’s so used to us being together all the time that acts out when I leave her with the dog sitter and there were a few times she got away. Luckily I was notified right away since tracking doesn’t rely on cell networks. The first thing I did when I bought the tracker is set up her safe zone so I can keep an eye on her if she decides to look for me when I’m not there.
- Submitted By Martha Day on 05/20/2019The button tracking feature is just great because it shows you the arrow that moves in the direction of your pet. If you plan on roaming in the wild you should definitely turn it on in case your dog wonders somewhere. One other thing you can do is to build a safe zone around your dog and receive a notification if the dog leaves its safe space. The message will be sent quickly, maybe a minute. Both my boyfriend and I get alerts in case Simon runs away somewhere which happens a lot so we can tell you that this tracker really works.
- Submitted By Fergus Kim on 02/01/2019This device is just a tracker and it does nothing for your dog’s activity. I don’t have a problem with any of its features tracking wise but I hoped that at least it will work as some kid fit beat machine. I can however monitor the distance my dog covers since it is reported avery few seconds. That way I could at least know how much miles Rita has covered that day. I one other thing they should do is make an app for your phone so you can track your dog more easily.
- Submitted By Damian Mccormack on 12/08/2018Marco Polo dog tracker is what I would recommend to anyone who has an active pet or one that is not very well trained. In case your dog somehow gets away from you the tracker reports under a minute. Once you set a safe zone in which your dog usually resides the tracker will alert you if he or she gets out. You can react right away and not allow for anything bad to happen to your dog because its movement will update every few seconds.
- Submitted By August Redfern on 12/09/2019I recommend Tracative GPS to everyone because it covers a number of countries all over the world so you don’t have to worry you will lose your pet no matter where you go, it doesn’t rely on one phone network alone, it has tons of perks and awesome features, it has a one year guarantee and you can track your pet in real time. All these things play key role at least they do for me and I think that every tracking device should provide the same.
- Submitted By Jayce Daniels on 12/01/2019I think it is fairly priced considering all the features and benefits you get with tracative. I opted for premium service since there’s not much difference in the price but you get more benefits that really come in handy once you need them. It is true that you can’t buy monthly subscription with premium package, only 2 year plan, but I think that it pays out and makes no sense to renew it every month if you plan on using it anyways.
- Submitted By Karam Cotton on 11/20/2019I like that Tracitive is not restricted to just one cell network so there’s no problem with the coverage. I installed the app on both my cell and computer so I can access it whenever it is the most convenient. The app is great and stores location, location history, you can see battery status and activate the safe zone. You can use it for more than one dog and have everything in one place. If your dog leaves the safe zone you planed for him you get instant notification and that is when live tracking really comes in handy because you can immediately see where your dog has gone and find him before anything happens.
- Submitted By Misbah Mayo on 11/17/2019What convinced me to by this tracker is that it has live tracking mode instead of waiting for the data to get transferred. It can mean the difference between a life or death situation if your dog gets loose and runs away somewhere where the traffic is crazy or if it’s too hot or too cold outside. The tracking is easy because the app shows you the map you can easily follow and you can see your dog’s movements. Just make sure you keep live tracking on when you go for a walk or in the area you don’t know. You never know what can happen so better come prepared.
Tractive GPS is a GPS pet tracker for dogs and cats that allows for easy tracking in real time. It boasts worldwide coverage, an unlimited connection range, plenty of extra tracking features, and a highly attractive design. Discover what makes this GPS pet tracking solution superior to its competitors in our comprehensive Tractive GPS review.