Tractive GPS VS PitPat
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
PitPat and Tractive GPS may seem quite similar at first glance, but they are actually more different than you may initially assume. This PitPat vs. Tractive GPS comparison is designed to show you exactly what each of these two pet trackers offers, highlight their main strong and weak points, and reveal which one of them may be a more reliable tracking solution.
Fast & Reliable GPS Pet Tracker
PitPat is a compact canine activity monitor designed to track and report your pet's activity levels, spent calories, overall weight, and the quality of their sleep throughout the night.
- Small and lightweight monitor with parachute-grade Velcro
- Rugged external housing with IP-67 water resistance rating
- Replaceable battery/free app for Android and iOS devices
- Price: $51.07
- Shipping: $
Tractive GPS is a GPS pet tracker that works in 150+ world countries. It lets you custom-define safe zones, sends instant alerts when your pet leaves the safe zone, and allows for real-time tracking.
- Live tracking with location data updated every 2-3 seconds
- Waterproof, shockproof, lightweight, and attractively designed
- 12-month guarantee and free replacements during the service period
- Price: $79.99
- Shipping: $0 *
*over $29.99 come with free shipping.
PitPat is a dog activity monitor designed to provide you with exhaustive exercise-related information about your dog while keeping track of your pet's sleep cycle, traversed distance, and overall weight. It is one of the smallest and lightest pet monitors that comes with a proprietary app, differentiates between walking, running, playing, resting, and pottering, and can operate on a single battery for more than a year.
Pet Activity Monitor
PitPat features a rugged design and attaches to any collar via parachute-grade Velcro. The device is made of plastic and hard rubber and has a big paw button in the center used to initiate data transfer to your phone. It measures 40 x 30 x 15mm and weighs only 16g.
PitPat's default Velcro can attach to any collar or harness under 30 x 5mm. The official website also features a longer Velcro for wider collars.
Suitable For Cats
PitPat is not shockproof, but its sturdy construction allows it to last for years, even with the most adventurous of pets. It features an IP-67 waterproof rating, which means it can be submerged in up to 1m of water for up to 30 minutes.
Key Tracking Features
PitPat is not a pet tracker.
Pet Activity Monitoring
PitPat was designed to differentiate between walking, running, playing, resting, and pottering around the house. Even though it cannot detect sleeping directly, the device monitors nocturnal activity, which allows you to gauge the overall quality of your dog's sleep. You can also set certain activity goals and receive alerts when your pet meets them. The implemented algorithm can calculate the time needed to reach a certain weight and alert you when your dog loses 10% of its body mass.
PitPat does not come with training assistance.
PitPat app enables you to keep a detailed weight history of your dog and view the results over time. After achieving certain goals, you will receive corresponding badges and points, which can be redeemed on the official website for additional pet equipment and other interesting prizes.
PitPat utilizes Bluetooth 4.0 only to transfer the recorded data to your phone. The collected information is stored in the memory of the device that can hold up to one week's worth of data.
Around 1 year (disposable)
PitPat app is absolutely free and can be used on any device running Android 5.0+ or iOS 9.0+. Apart from different activity types, the app shows the traversed distance, caloric expenditure, and your pet's body weight. It keeps track of any set goals and alerts you when they are met. Reaching goals unlocks certain badges and points that can be redeemed for some interesting prizes.
PitPat utilizes Bluetooth 4.0 to transfer the collected data to your phone.
PitPat can work anywhere in the world
- PitPat - £39.00 - PitPat Life subscription - £4.00 per month (12 months minimum)
Shipping and Delivery
PitPat uses Royal Mail First Class and all orders received before 2 PM are shipped the same day. The package can fit through all standard letterboxes and no signature is required. The shipments usually take 1 day to arrive at a specified address within the UK.
PitPat Life subscription comes with a 21-day money-back guarantee.
PitPat device comes with a 1-year warranty against any defects in material and/or craftsmanship.
Tractive GPS is a GPS pet tracker that works in 150+ world countries, offers live tracking with location information updated every 2-3 seconds, and allows you to create custom safe zones anywhere on the globe. It provides a multitude of unique tracking features and comes in a variety of stylish designs.
GPS Pet Tracker
Tractive GPS pet tracker comes in the form of a rounded cuboid. It is rather small, measuring just 2 inches in height by 1.6 inches in width by 0.6 inches in depth. It can be attached to virtually any collar with the use of collar clips provided with the device. You can opt for the white Tractive GPS with a blue logo, the pink Tractive GPS with a white logo embellished with Swarovski crystals, and Tractive GPS - Hunters Edition with a black-on-olive camouflage pattern.
Tractive GPS does not come in different sizes and it fits most collars.
Suitable For Cats
Tractive GPS is advertised as virtually indestructible and our tests have shown that it is highly resistant to impact. It can withstand immersion of up to 3 feet for 30 minutes, which makes it extraordinarily water resistant. It does come with a rechargeable battery, which means that its performance may be significantly diminished after several years of use.
Key Tracking Features
Tractive GPS pet tracker’s vast range of tracking features includes:
- Live tracking mode, with location information updated every 2-3 seconds;
- Fully interactive map, which lets you switch between 4 different views, including regular map, hybrid, satellite image, and augmented reality;
- Speed, which enables you to find out how fast your pet is moving;
- Altitude, which allows you to discover the current altitude of the device from sea level;
- Location history, which shows your pet’s previous positions in the form of a linear path on the map;
- Virtual Fence, that is, the safe zone, which can be custom-defined and has a minimum radius of 164 feet;
- Tracker Sharing, which allows you to share your pet’s location with your friends so they can aid you in your search.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Tractive GPS does not monitor pet activity.
Tractive GPS does not provide training assistance. The device comes with a built-in speaker that can be remotely activated, but this option is not available in the US and a number of other countries due to legal restrictions.
Tractive GPS pet tracker’s features are generally tracking-related. The few extra features include:
- Battery status, which lets you keep track of the device’s battery level within the app, so you can recharge it on time or make haste if you are currently tracking your pet;
- Buzzer function, which allows you to remotely activate the built-in speaker and locate your device more easily if you lose it – not available in the US.
Tractive GPS works over any distance within cellular coverage.
2-5 days, up to 8 hours with live tracking activated
Tractive GPS smartphone app is compatible with Android 4.1 and up and iOS 9.3 or later. It lets you track an unlimited number of pets. The app allows you to access your pet’s location information, turn on the live tracking mode and receive constant location updates, follow your pet using the interactive map, view location history, define safe zones, view tracker status, view battery status, and share your pet’s location with multiple users.
Tractive GPS connects to GPS satellites to keep track of your pet’s location. You can use WiFi or cellular data network to access location information via the Tractive GPS app.
Tractive GPS works in 150 countries worldwide, within cellular coverage.
White and Pink: $79.99 Hunters Edition: $99.99 Service Plan: Basic: $5.76 per month with the monthly subscription, $4.80 per month with the yearly subscription, and $4.33 per month with the 2-year subscription. Premium: $5.76 per month with the yearly subscription and $4.80 per month with the 2-year subscription.
Shipping and Delivery
Tractive GPS pet tracker comes with free shipping worldwide. All orders over $29.99 come with free shipping.
Tractive GPS does not come with a money-back guarantee. For exact details on Tractive's refund policy, please contact the support staff directly.
Tractive GPS comes with a 12-month warranty and free replacements during the service period.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Mike J. on 12/25/2019I initially thought this has GPS but it’s a pretty cool little gadget even without it.
- Submitted By Jenny86 on 11/20/2019PitPat was just what I needed for my puppy since I want to make sure everything is perfect from the start. The app is easy to use and shows you pretty much everything you’ll ever care about. It attaches really easily and never comes off, even when we’re outside.
- Submitted By August Redfern on 12/09/2019I recommend Tracative GPS to everyone because it covers a number of countries all over the world so you don’t have to worry you will lose your pet no matter where you go, it doesn’t rely on one phone network alone, it has tons of perks and awesome features, it has a one year guarantee and you can track your pet in real time. All these things play key role at least they do for me and I think that every tracking device should provide the same.
- Submitted By Jayce Daniels on 12/01/2019I think it is fairly priced considering all the features and benefits you get with tracative. I opted for premium service since there’s not much difference in the price but you get more benefits that really come in handy once you need them. It is true that you can’t buy monthly subscription with premium package, only 2 year plan, but I think that it pays out and makes no sense to renew it every month if you plan on using it anyways.
- Submitted By Karam Cotton on 11/20/2019I like that Tracitive is not restricted to just one cell network so there’s no problem with the coverage. I installed the app on both my cell and computer so I can access it whenever it is the most convenient. The app is great and stores location, location history, you can see battery status and activate the safe zone. You can use it for more than one dog and have everything in one place. If your dog leaves the safe zone you planed for him you get instant notification and that is when live tracking really comes in handy because you can immediately see where your dog has gone and find him before anything happens.
- Submitted By Misbah Mayo on 11/17/2019What convinced me to by this tracker is that it has live tracking mode instead of waiting for the data to get transferred. It can mean the difference between a life or death situation if your dog gets loose and runs away somewhere where the traffic is crazy or if it’s too hot or too cold outside. The tracking is easy because the app shows you the map you can easily follow and you can see your dog’s movements. Just make sure you keep live tracking on when you go for a walk or in the area you don’t know. You never know what can happen so better come prepared.
Tractive GPS is a GPS pet tracker for dogs and cats that allows for easy tracking in real time. It boasts worldwide coverage, an unlimited connection range, plenty of extra tracking features, and a highly attractive design. Discover what makes this GPS pet tracking solution superior to its competitors in our comprehensive Tractive GPS review.