Tractive GPS VS SportDOG TEK 2.0
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
If you are stuck choosing between SportDOG TEK 2.0 and Tractive GPS, our comprehensive SportDOG TEK 2.0 vs. Tractive GPS comparison can help you pick the right pet tracker in no time. View their most important features below and discover which pet tracking solution is the winner of this comparison.
Advanced dog tracker for hunters
Fast & Reliable GPS Pet Tracker
SportDOG TEK 2.0 is the ultimate dog tracking system for hunters that has a communication range of up to 10 miles. It can track up to 21 dogs, it does not require cellular coverage, and it comes with no monthly fees.
- Free 1:100,000 topographical maps preloaded
- Uses GPS and GLONASS for optimal accuracy
- 45-day money-back guarantee; 2-year warranty
- Price: $604.95
- Shipping: $
Tractive GPS is a GPS pet tracker that works in 150+ world countries. It lets you custom-define safe zones, sends instant alerts when your pet leaves the safe zone, and allows for real-time tracking.
- Live tracking with location data updated every 2-3 seconds
- Waterproof, shockproof, lightweight, and attractively designed
- 12-month guarantee and free replacements during the service period
- Price: $79.99
- Shipping: $0 *
*over $29.99 come with free shipping.
TEK 2.0 uses GPS and GLONASS for location tracking, it is preloaded with 1:100,000 topographical maps that come with no subscription fees, and its communication range is up to 10 miles with an accuracy of 15 yards. It can track up to 21 dogs with the purchase of additional collars.
GPS Dog Tracker
SportDOG TEK 2.0 consists of a handheld device and a GPS Collar. Made of high-quality plastic, the handheld device comes in black and the GPS collar in red. The size of the device without the antenna is 5.45"x 2.50" x 1.50" (LWD).
SportDOG TEK 2.0 is made for dogs who are 8lbs or larger and have neck sizes between 10.75” and 23.”
Suitable For Cats
Made of high-quality plastic, both the SportDOG TEK 2.0 handheld device and the GPS collar are waterproof. The devices should not be exposed to the sun for long periods of time and the company's warranty does not cover damage made by dog bites or chews.
Key Tracking Features
SportDOG TEK 2.0 comes with a variety of tracking features, including:
- Live tracking through the use of GPS and GLONASS;
- Location updates every 3 seconds (time intervals manually adjustable);
- Voice updates via a Bluetooth-enabled earpiece;
- Access to preloaded 1:100,000 maps that come with no subscription fee;
- Easy-to-use compass;
Pet Activity Monitoring
SportDOG TEK 2.0 does not monitor pet activity.
SportDOG TEK 2.0 does not come with training assistance - unless you also purchase an E-Collar.
Additional features available with SportDOG TEK 2.0 include:
- Trip Computer, where you can view all of the information related to each trip (coordinates, average moving speed, distance traveled, and total tracking time);
- Journal, which allows you to enter and save notes and waypoints;
- Sun/Moon Hunt, providing insights into the sun and moon rising and setting times as well as information about hunting conditions.
Up to 10 miles
SportDOG TEK 2.0 uses rechargeable lithium-ion batteries. The handheld device needs an 8-hour charge and lasts12 hours per charge. The GPS Collar requires a 4-hour charge and lasts for 24 hours per charge. The batteries should last anywhere between 3-5 years.
SportDOG TEK 2.0 does not come with a smartphone app
SportDOG TEK 2.0 uses GPS and GLONASS to determine the pet's location. It also uses HopTek technology, which prevents signal interference and boosts transmitter output power.
Since it does not rely on cellular networks, SportDOG TEK 2.0 can work anywhere in the world.
SportDOG TEK 2.0 costs around $600.
Shipping and Delivery
SportDOG TEK 2.0 is sold through Amazon. Shipping and delivery details depend on location.
SportDOG TEK 2.0 comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
SportDOG TEK 2.0 comes with a 2-year warranty.
Tractive GPS is a GPS pet tracker that works in 150+ world countries, offers live tracking with location information updated every 2-3 seconds, and allows you to create custom safe zones anywhere on the globe. It provides a multitude of unique tracking features and comes in a variety of stylish designs.
GPS Pet Tracker
Tractive GPS pet tracker comes in the form of a rounded cuboid. It is rather small, measuring just 2 inches in height by 1.6 inches in width by 0.6 inches in depth. It can be attached to virtually any collar with the use of collar clips provided with the device. You can opt for the white Tractive GPS with a blue logo, the pink Tractive GPS with a white logo embellished with Swarovski crystals, and Tractive GPS - Hunters Edition with a black-on-olive camouflage pattern.
Tractive GPS does not come in different sizes and it fits most collars.
Suitable For Cats
Tractive GPS is advertised as virtually indestructible and our tests have shown that it is highly resistant to impact. It can withstand immersion of up to 3 feet for 30 minutes, which makes it extraordinarily water resistant. It does come with a rechargeable battery, which means that its performance may be significantly diminished after several years of use.
Key Tracking Features
Tractive GPS pet tracker’s vast range of tracking features includes:
- Live tracking mode, with location information updated every 2-3 seconds;
- Fully interactive map, which lets you switch between 4 different views, including regular map, hybrid, satellite image, and augmented reality;
- Speed, which enables you to find out how fast your pet is moving;
- Altitude, which allows you to discover the current altitude of the device from sea level;
- Location history, which shows your pet’s previous positions in the form of a linear path on the map;
- Virtual Fence, that is, the safe zone, which can be custom-defined and has a minimum radius of 164 feet;
- Tracker Sharing, which allows you to share your pet’s location with your friends so they can aid you in your search.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Tractive GPS does not monitor pet activity.
Tractive GPS does not provide training assistance. The device comes with a built-in speaker that can be remotely activated, but this option is not available in the US and a number of other countries due to legal restrictions.
Tractive GPS pet tracker’s features are generally tracking-related. The few extra features include:
- Battery status, which lets you keep track of the device’s battery level within the app, so you can recharge it on time or make haste if you are currently tracking your pet;
- Buzzer function, which allows you to remotely activate the built-in speaker and locate your device more easily if you lose it – not available in the US.
Tractive GPS works over any distance within cellular coverage.
2-5 days, up to 8 hours with live tracking activated
Tractive GPS smartphone app is compatible with Android 4.1 and up and iOS 9.3 or later. It lets you track an unlimited number of pets. The app allows you to access your pet’s location information, turn on the live tracking mode and receive constant location updates, follow your pet using the interactive map, view location history, define safe zones, view tracker status, view battery status, and share your pet’s location with multiple users.
Tractive GPS connects to GPS satellites to keep track of your pet’s location. You can use WiFi or cellular data network to access location information via the Tractive GPS app.
Tractive GPS works in 150 countries worldwide, within cellular coverage.
White and Pink: $79.99 Hunters Edition: $99.99 Service Plan: Basic: $5.76 per month with the monthly subscription, $4.80 per month with the yearly subscription, and $4.33 per month with the 2-year subscription. Premium: $5.76 per month with the yearly subscription and $4.80 per month with the 2-year subscription.
Shipping and Delivery
Tractive GPS pet tracker comes with free shipping worldwide. All orders over $29.99 come with free shipping.
Tractive GPS does not come with a money-back guarantee. For exact details on Tractive's refund policy, please contact the support staff directly.
Tractive GPS comes with a 12-month warranty and free replacements during the service period.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Mark on 03/14/2019I initially started with TEK 1.0 and I am happy that this more updated version has a lot more to offer in terms of features and range. The setting up process takes a while and that user manual is super long, however, it's worth every penny even though my wife wouldn't necessarily agree.
- Submitted By Kevin on 01/17/2019It took me a while to read the manual but, thank God that I did because I wouldn't be aware of all the things that TEK 2.0 can offer its users. I used it for the first time last weekend with my hunting buddies and although the range is not as high as it states, it was still good enough.
- Submitted By Paul on 12/07/2018Never go hunting without it. My second-best friend after my dog.
- Submitted By August Redfern on 12/09/2019I recommend Tracative GPS to everyone because it covers a number of countries all over the world so you don’t have to worry you will lose your pet no matter where you go, it doesn’t rely on one phone network alone, it has tons of perks and awesome features, it has a one year guarantee and you can track your pet in real time. All these things play key role at least they do for me and I think that every tracking device should provide the same.
- Submitted By Jayce Daniels on 12/01/2019I think it is fairly priced considering all the features and benefits you get with tracative. I opted for premium service since there’s not much difference in the price but you get more benefits that really come in handy once you need them. It is true that you can’t buy monthly subscription with premium package, only 2 year plan, but I think that it pays out and makes no sense to renew it every month if you plan on using it anyways.
- Submitted By Karam Cotton on 11/20/2019I like that Tracitive is not restricted to just one cell network so there’s no problem with the coverage. I installed the app on both my cell and computer so I can access it whenever it is the most convenient. The app is great and stores location, location history, you can see battery status and activate the safe zone. You can use it for more than one dog and have everything in one place. If your dog leaves the safe zone you planed for him you get instant notification and that is when live tracking really comes in handy because you can immediately see where your dog has gone and find him before anything happens.
- Submitted By Misbah Mayo on 11/17/2019What convinced me to by this tracker is that it has live tracking mode instead of waiting for the data to get transferred. It can mean the difference between a life or death situation if your dog gets loose and runs away somewhere where the traffic is crazy or if it’s too hot or too cold outside. The tracking is easy because the app shows you the map you can easily follow and you can see your dog’s movements. Just make sure you keep live tracking on when you go for a walk or in the area you don’t know. You never know what can happen so better come prepared.
SportDOG TEK 2.0 is a dog tracking system for hunters that offers great accuracy and precision thanks to the HopTek, GPS, and GLONASS technologies. Offering near-live tracking for up to 21 dogs at a time as well as easy-to-read topographical maps, TEK 2.0 has many interesting features to offer. Learn more in our SportDOG TEK 2.0 review