Whistle 3 and Pawscout are both highly rated pet tracking solutions, but they greatly differ in terms of the features they offer. In this Whistle 3 VS Pawscout review, we list their top qualities side by side and determine which of these two pet trackers offers greater value for your money.
- Small, waterproof smart tag weighing just about 0.2 ounces
- Mobile Virtual Leash safe zone centered in your position
- Keep vet records, track walks & discover pet-friendly spots
- Price: $19.95
- Shipping: $2.95
- Works over any distance within AT&T cellular coverage
- Create multiple fully customizable safe zones for your pet
- Affordable, small, lightweight, waterproof, and shockproof
- Price: $99.95
- Shipping: $0
- Active location tracking within a range of 300 feet,
- Community location tracking, with notifications sent if your pet is found by another Pawscout user;
- Virtual Leash, which allows you to set up a mobile safe zone around your location;
- Tracking walks, with information on the distance walked and time spent walking;
- Sharing, which lets you enable your friends and family to keep track of your pet’s location.
- Detailed digital pet profile with medical records;
- Coverage map, showing other Pawscout users in your area;
- Pet-related points of interest, with a map showing vets, groomers, shelters, parks, and pet-friendly locations and businesses in your area.
- GPS location tracking, which allows you to get location updates every 60 seconds;
- Multiple safe zones, which are fully customizable in terms of size and shape;
- 24-hour location history for your pet;
- Text, email, and push notifications sent when your pet leaves the safe zone;
- Sharing, which allows you to give your friends and family full access to all Whistle tracking features.
- 24-hour activity records shown in the form of a graph;
- Information on distance traveled;
- Rest time and active time expressed in minutes and hours;
- Information on pet’s activity level (moderate and intense);
- Number of calories pet has burned during the day;
- Custom activity goals, which you can define yourself or let the app define based on your pet’s breed, weight, and age.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Walter Price on 11/22/2018You can build an entire community with this little device and have your entire neighborhood keep an eye out every time your pet wanders off. Now it’s just the matter of convincing my neighbors to buy this tracker.
- Submitted By Carolyn Stewart on 09/08/2018My cell phone was not compatible with this tracker.
- Submitted By Eric Lopez on 08/12/2018I like how you can attach it to pretty much any collar so I don’t have to buy any extra equipment. I don’t like that you have to download the tracking app since I’m much more used to the commander device.
- Submitted By Roberta Smith on 05/29/2018The accuracy thing is true, it happened to me a couple of times, I didn't get a notification even though my beagle was way outside the range. But I want to say that this does not happen all the time and I like that anyone can use the app for free, it really helps raise awareness about lost pets and helps owners reconnect with their pooches and kitties. Plus, the tag is really useful when we go for a walk, with the virtual leash, I don't even use the real leash anymore.
- Submitted By Joe Graham on 02/19/2019Not exactly laser accurate. If you lose your dog, the device will definitely get you within a shouting range but you won’t find your pet in a wooded area.
- Submitted By Randy Cruz on 01/30/2019I read a ton of reviews where people complain about the rubber clasp but I personally had no issues with it. Once it’s there, you don’t really have to think about it ever again. I really like the fact that the battery lasts for days without recharge. There’s also no lag once if the tracker leaves the wi-fi range and I can also update the tracking manually anytime.
- Submitted By Gabriel Wells on 01/17/2019Apart from being able to put me in the close proximity of my dog, Whistle also didn’t break the bank considering how costly are some of the alternatives. On top of that, I really have to give credit to customer support since they really came through and answered every single question I had in quick and professional maner.
- Submitted By Terry Simmons on 11/12/2018My pup is a true escape artist and the added GPS tracking on the new Whistle model was more than welcome. I also had the older model but it left me pretty helpless until he returns home on more than one occasion. The latest device works like a charm and allows me to monitor his activity as well as use GPS to track him whenever he wanders off.
Whistle is a GPS tracking solution for dogs and cats that provides easy and accurate location tracking as well as comprehensive activity monitoring. It is feature-rich, has a good battery life, and works anywhere within AT&T cellular coverage. Read our objective Whistle review for a full overview of this pet tracker’s key characteristics.