Whistle 3 and Pawscout are both highly rated pet tracking solutions, but they greatly differ in terms of the features they offer. In this Whistle 3 VS Pawscout review, we list their top qualities side by side and determine which of these two pet trackers offers greater value for your money.
- Small, waterproof smart tag weighing just about 0.2 ounces
- Mobile Virtual Leash safe zone centered in your position
- Keep vet records, track walks & discover pet-friendly spots
- Price: $19.95
- Shipping: $2.95
- Works over any distance within AT&T cellular coverage
- Create multiple fully customizable safe zones for your pet
- Affordable, small, lightweight, waterproof, and shockproof
- Price: $99.95
- Shipping: $0
- Active location tracking within a range of 300 feet,
- Community location tracking, with notifications sent if your pet is found by another Pawscout user;
- Virtual Leash, which allows you to set up a mobile safe zone around your location;
- Tracking walks, with information on the distance walked and time spent walking;
- Sharing, which lets you enable your friends and family to keep track of your pet’s location.
- Detailed digital pet profile with medical records;
- Coverage map, showing other Pawscout users in your area;
- Pet-related points of interest, with a map showing vets, groomers, shelters, parks, and pet-friendly locations and businesses in your area.
- GPS location tracking, which allows you to get location updates every 60 seconds;
- Multiple safe zones, which are fully customizable in terms of size and shape;
- 24-hour location history for your pet;
- Text, email, and push notifications sent when your pet leaves the safe zone;
- Sharing, which allows you to give your friends and family full access to all Whistle tracking features.
- 24-hour activity records shown in the form of a graph;
- Information on distance traveled;
- Rest time and active time expressed in minutes and hours;
- Information on pet’s activity level (moderate and intense);
- Number of calories pet has burned during the day;
- Custom activity goals, which you can define yourself or let the app define based on your pet’s breed, weight, and age.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Walter Price on 11/22/2018You can build an entire community with this little device and have your entire neighborhood keep an eye out every time your pet wanders off. Now it’s just the matter of convincing my neighbors to buy this tracker.
- Submitted By Carolyn Stewart on 09/08/2018My cell phone was not compatible with this tracker.
- Submitted By Eric Lopez on 08/12/2018I like how you can attach it to pretty much any collar so I don’t have to buy any extra equipment. I don’t like that you have to download the tracking app since I’m much more used to the commander device.
- Submitted By Roberta Smith on 05/29/2018The accuracy thing is true, it happened to me a couple of times, I didn't get a notification even though my beagle was way outside the range. But I want to say that this does not happen all the time and I like that anyone can use the app for free, it really helps raise awareness about lost pets and helps owners reconnect with their pooches and kitties. Plus, the tag is really useful when we go for a walk, with the virtual leash, I don't even use the real leash anymore.
- Submitted By Tim Grady on 11/20/2019I’ve noticed that it doesn’t work very good once it’s not within our home’s wifi zone. Sometimes we go camping and there’s almost no cell reception there so we have problems receiving any data at all. But when we are at home the thing works perfectly. It’s fast and accurate and charge it one a week. Once Stella ran away from my daughter when she saw the neighbours can and my daughter didn’t manage to come home and tell us that for about 5 minutes but I already knew since I got notified and we found stella exactly where the app pinpointed the location within a few minutes standing under the tree, barking at the cat.
- Submitted By Marsha Jones on 06/20/2019Tracy used to wander away from our yard and end up in our neighbour’s yard playing with their dog so to be able to track her down and immediately get notified when she escapes is what matters the most. With whistle I can set up a perimiter where she’s allowed to go and get notified once she leaves that space. It saves me lots of time and worrying when she leaves the yard and when I’m not home I just text the resto of the family where to pick her up.
- Submitted By Jenna Simmons on 05/07/2019I love that this app works as any other activity app I use. You simply download it to your phone and use it like any other where you get to see the history and set up goals once you enter your dog’s information. I share Donna’s activity date with my husband so we can know how much exercise she has that day and dont overdo it.
- Submitted By Patric Small on 04/05/2019This was my tracker of choice because it functions as both tracker and activity monitor. As a family we are passionate hikers so being able to track our Tom’s vitals is very important to us especially since he’s an older dog. The thing I also like is that you have constant coverage because is connected with you phone all you need to do is download the app. You can connect through bluetooth and use your home’s wifi. The cell network is AT&T and if you don’t have wifi you can track your dog as long as the area is covered by the network. And when the signal is strong the coverage precision is really good. We didn’t go anywhere so far were the signal isn’t strong so I don’t know how it works in those places.
Whistle is a GPS tracking solution for dogs and cats that provides easy and accurate location tracking as well as comprehensive activity monitoring. It is feature-rich, has a good battery life, and works anywhere within AT&T cellular coverage. Read our objective Whistle review for a full overview of this pet tracker’s key characteristics.