Whistle VS FitBark 2
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
FitBark 2 and Whistle are both highly rated pet tracking solutions, but they greatly differ in terms of the features they offer. In this FitBark 2 vs. Whistle review, we list their top qualities side by side and determine which of these two pet trackers offers greater value for your money.
Ultimate Health & Activity Monitor
Accurate GPS Pet Tracker & Activity Monitor
- Price: $69.95
- Shipping: $
Whistle is a popular GPS tracker and activity monitor for cats and dogs that offers an impressive feature set, great accuracy, and an almost unlimited communication range.
- Works over any distance within AT&T cellular coverage
- Create multiple fully customizable safe zones for your pet
- Affordable, small, lightweight, waterproof, and shockproof
- Price: $99.95
- Shipping: $0
FitBark 2 is a compact and lightweight health and activity monitor with a memory capacity to store 100 days of minute-bu-minute tracking. It utilizes Bluetooth 4.0 to sync with your Android or iOS device (5.0+ and 10+, respectively) and has 6 months of battery life. Since it doesn't need any cellular networks, FitBark 2 can be used anywhere in the world without any monthly fees. The max communication range is 30ft and you can also sync it with your vet's phone ot tablet. The charging time is 90 minutes.
Health And Activity Monitor
FitBark 2 is made in the shape of a tiny, stylish bone and can be carried by dogs of all sizes. The housing is made of high-impact polycarbonate that makes it very resistant to physical trauma. The bottom of the unit is reserved for a micro USB prot with a protective cap. The device can be attached to any collar with less than 1.18" in width using the provided zip ties. The covers are removable and you can order them separately in different colors. The default one is black. The front of the device features LED indicator lights that shouldn't illuminate during normal operation. FitBark 2 weighs only 0.35oz.
FitBark 2 only comes in one size - 1.6” x 0.5” x 1.1”
Suitable For Cats
FitBark 2 is made of high-impact polycarbonite, which makes it highly resistant to dog bites and other types of outside trauma. It should function without any problems for at least a couple of years bnut overly active pets could potentially break it before that time.
Key Tracking Features
FitBark 2 doesn't feature any type of tracking mechanisms.
Pet Activity Monitoring
FitBark 2 features a 3D accelerometer, a cutting-edge technology that allows for precise minute-by-minute tracking, which includes activity, distance traveled, calories burned, sleep quality, and overall health and behavior.
FitBark 2 does not provide training assistance.
FitBark 2 is also compatible with human activity monitors, including Fitbit, Google Fit, and Apple HealthKit devices. It aqlso features a removable cover, which allows you to change the color of the unit to match your dog's personality.
Up to 6 moths
FitBark comes with an app compatible with Android 5.0+ and iOS 10+
FitBark 2 utilizes Bluetooth 4.0 to connect to your smartphone or tablet.
FitBark 2 works anywhere in the world.
Shipping and Delivery
FitBark can be shipped worldwide. You can opt between free and DHL paid shipping options.
FitBark 2 comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
FitBark 2 comes with a limited 1-year warranty
Whistle is a lightweight GPS pet tracker that works throughout the US, boasts high accuracy and good battery life, allows for both location and activity tracking and offers extraordinary safe zone customization options.
GPS Pet Tracker
Whistle tracking unit comes in the form of a rounded cuboid and is available in 3 versions, including gray, green, and blue. It measures 1.82 inches in height by 1.45 inches in width by 0.61 inches in depth. It is attached to the pet's collar or harness with the use of a rubber attachment strap. The attachment mechanism allows you to easily twist the device on and off.
Whistle does not come in different sizes and it fits most collars up to 1'' wide.
Suitable For Cats
Whistle is IP67 dirt and shock resistant and waterproof up to 3 feet underwater for up to 30 minutes. It comes with a durable attachment strap made of strong rubber and it is designed to endure rough play. It does not have a specific lifespan but can last for at least a couple of years with proper use.
Key Tracking Features
Whistle allows you to keep track of your pet’s location with:
- GPS location tracking, which allows you to get location updates every 60 seconds;
- Multiple safe zones, which are fully customizable in terms of size and shape;
- 24-hour location history for your pet;
- Text, email, and push notifications sent when your pet leaves the safe zone;
- Sharing, which allows you to give your friends and family full access to all Whistle tracking features.
Pet Activity Monitoring
Whistle allows you to gain full insight into your pet’s activity levels with:
- 24-hour activity records shown in the form of a graph;
- Information on distance traveled;
- Rest time and active time expressed in minutes and hours;
- Information on pet’s activity level (moderate and intense);
- Number of calories pet has burned during the day;
- Custom activity goals, which you can define yourself or let the app define based on your pet’s breed, weight, and age.
Whistle does not provide training assistance.
Extra features available with Whistle include: - battery alerts, notifying you when the device's battery is low and needs to be recharged.
Whistle works over any distance within AT&T and WiFi coverage.
0.92 oz., 1.25 oz. with the attachment piece
About 7 days with good WiFi and cellular coverage
Whistle smartphone app is available free of charge. It is compatible with iOS 10.0+ and Android 5.0+. It allows you to view your pet’s current location on a Google map, browse 24-hour location history, view 24-hour rest and activity data, receive safe zone, battery, and activity notifications, add and remove safe zones, and adjust settings. You can use the app to track multiple pets and share access with multiple users.
Whistle uses GPS technology for location tracking, WiFi technology for creating safe zones, cellular technology for data transfer between the tracking unit and the pet guardian's smartphone, and Bluetooth technology for pairing the tracking unit with the pet guardian's smartphone.
Throughout the US (within AT&T cell coverage)
Device: $79.95 (currently $59.95 with a 20% discount); Service plan: $9.95 with the monthly subscription, $7.95 with the yearly subscription, and $6.95 with the 2-year subscription
Shipping and Delivery
Whistle comes with free 2-day shipping.
Whistle comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the product, you just need to return it within 90 days of purchase in order to receive a full refund.
Whistle does not come with a warranty.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Clyde Hanson on 11/28/2019I wasn’t aware that this is not a pet tracker but instead an activity monitor for you and your dog which wasn’t the point and I really needed to keep track of my dog and make sure he is safe. However I got used to its awesome features and now I’m thrilled I made the mistake. It’s fun doing all the stuff you like with your dog while having records of it in case you decide to switch up the routine and compare it with your previous results to see which regime produces better results.
- Submitted By Darrell Wells on 09/11/2019I like to keep records and track progress so the fact that FitBark stores data from 100 days back is something that made this purchase happen and I really like that it doesn’t relly on mobile networks so it can work anywhere we travel. But what I like the most and I found that after I bought it is that you can set goals depending on how active and old your dog is. Right now we are on the active level but I’m hoping to reach the olympian soon.
- Submitted By Maria Flores on 08/20/2019I’m a great dane and a Chihuahua mom so I can confirm that this device can fit on any dog. It is easily adjustable to their collars and so far it withstood a couple of bites successfully. We are an active family so it is important for us to keep records and track everything we do. Also I like the fact that it is waterproof but I tend to take it off for as a precaution. I would prefer that it takes less time to charge but considering the battery lasts for almost 6 months it’s not that much.
- Submitted By Leonard Robertson on 06/20/2019I didn’t buy this device to work as a pet tracker but to be able to track my dog’s activity along with my own and make sure both of us get enough exercise. My job doesn’t allow much movement and unfortunately, my dog is often left at home during my work hours so making up for that is extremely important for me and him. I also like that it uses Bluetooth connection instead relying on mobile or wifi connection. The range is not that big but it works for me.
- Submitted By Tim Grady on 11/20/2019I’ve noticed that it doesn’t work very good once it’s not within our home’s wifi zone. Sometimes we go camping and there’s almost no cell reception there so we have problems receiving any data at all. But when we are at home the thing works perfectly. It’s fast and accurate and charge it one a week. Once Stella ran away from my daughter when she saw the neighbours can and my daughter didn’t manage to come home and tell us that for about 5 minutes but I already knew since I got notified and we found stella exactly where the app pinpointed the location within a few minutes standing under the tree, barking at the cat.
- Submitted By Marsha Jones on 06/20/2019Tracy used to wander away from our yard and end up in our neighbour’s yard playing with their dog so to be able to track her down and immediately get notified when she escapes is what matters the most. With whistle I can set up a perimiter where she’s allowed to go and get notified once she leaves that space. It saves me lots of time and worrying when she leaves the yard and when I’m not home I just text the resto of the family where to pick her up.
- Submitted By Jenna Simmons on 05/07/2019I love that this app works as any other activity app I use. You simply download it to your phone and use it like any other where you get to see the history and set up goals once you enter your dog’s information. I share Donna’s activity date with my husband so we can know how much exercise she has that day and dont overdo it.
- Submitted By Patric Small on 04/05/2019This was my tracker of choice because it functions as both tracker and activity monitor. As a family we are passionate hikers so being able to track our Tom’s vitals is very important to us especially since he’s an older dog. The thing I also like is that you have constant coverage because is connected with you phone all you need to do is download the app. You can connect through bluetooth and use your home’s wifi. The cell network is AT&T and if you don’t have wifi you can track your dog as long as the area is covered by the network. And when the signal is strong the coverage precision is really good. We didn’t go anywhere so far were the signal isn’t strong so I don’t know how it works in those places.
Whistle is a GPS tracking solution for dogs and cats that provides easy and accurate location tracking as well as comprehensive activity monitoring. It is feature-rich, has a good battery life, and works anywhere within AT&T cellular coverage. Read our objective Whistle review for a full overview of this pet tracker’s key characteristics.