PetTracer and Whistle may seem quite similar at first glance, but they are actually more different than you may initially assume. This PetTracer vs. Whistle comparison is designed to show you exactly what each of these two pet trackers offers, highlight their main strong and weak points, and reveal which one of them may be a more reliable tracking solution.
- Durable construction with a one-click release function
- Lightweight design with an adjustable strap and LED light
- Up to 30 days of battery life depending on your cat's activity
- Price: $119.00
- Shipping: $
- Works over any distance within AT&T cellular coverage
- Create multiple fully customizable safe zones for your pet
- Affordable, small, lightweight, waterproof, and shockproof
- Price: $99.95
- Shipping: $0
- High-sensitivity GPS antenna, which enables you to monitor the current location of your pet through your personal PetTracer account. The digital map will show you his or her routes in the form of a line or heat signature;
- Radio-frequency direction finder, which is a rare piece of technology that allows you to track your cat indoors where GPS cannot access;
- If you are tracking multiple cats, their movements will be marked by different customizable colors.
- GPS location tracking, which allows you to get location updates every 60 seconds;
- Multiple safe zones, which are fully customizable in terms of size and shape;
- 24-hour location history for your pet;
- Text, email, and push notifications sent when your pet leaves the safe zone;
- Sharing, which allows you to give your friends and family full access to all Whistle tracking features.
- 24-hour activity records shown in the form of a graph;
- Information on distance traveled;
- Rest time and active time expressed in minutes and hours;
- Information on pet’s activity level (moderate and intense);
- Number of calories pet has burned during the day;
- Custom activity goals, which you can define yourself or let the app define based on your pet’s breed, weight, and age.
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By tony kelly on 11/17/2019This is my first time using a cat tracker and as far as im concerned its really good. the collar is light and slightly soft and can fir cats with small necks,mine is 1 year and 2 months old and fits him just right if i tighten the strap. nothing is perfect with gadgets and only thing it needs is an app which they said is due out next year,however it works find using their web portal and i saved link to homescreen on my smartphone. i had trouble setting it up at first and support messaged me via facebook messenger on a saturday afternoon and we sorted it all out. its very light and battery lasts ok not tested it fully yet and ive had it on fast all the time. it does the job and im happy knowing where my cat is all the time.only downside is the subscription your tied into for one year. at 12.99 monthly from,.,it sounds expensive.but thats ok. def worth it though
- Submitted By Ingrid 115 on 05/27/2019No app but you can look at the results on your account. The collar is not as sleek as it looked in the pictures but it works and does a decent job.
- Submitted By Mario Schwarz on 02/14/2019Ok tracker for the price I guess but nothing special.
- Submitted By Tim Grady on 11/20/2019I’ve noticed that it doesn’t work very good once it’s not within our home’s wifi zone. Sometimes we go camping and there’s almost no cell reception there so we have problems receiving any data at all. But when we are at home the thing works perfectly. It’s fast and accurate and charge it one a week. Once Stella ran away from my daughter when she saw the neighbours can and my daughter didn’t manage to come home and tell us that for about 5 minutes but I already knew since I got notified and we found stella exactly where the app pinpointed the location within a few minutes standing under the tree, barking at the cat.
- Submitted By Marsha Jones on 06/20/2019Tracy used to wander away from our yard and end up in our neighbour’s yard playing with their dog so to be able to track her down and immediately get notified when she escapes is what matters the most. With whistle I can set up a perimiter where she’s allowed to go and get notified once she leaves that space. It saves me lots of time and worrying when she leaves the yard and when I’m not home I just text the resto of the family where to pick her up.
- Submitted By Jenna Simmons on 05/07/2019I love that this app works as any other activity app I use. You simply download it to your phone and use it like any other where you get to see the history and set up goals once you enter your dog’s information. I share Donna’s activity date with my husband so we can know how much exercise she has that day and dont overdo it.
- Submitted By Patric Small on 04/05/2019This was my tracker of choice because it functions as both tracker and activity monitor. As a family we are passionate hikers so being able to track our Tom’s vitals is very important to us especially since he’s an older dog. The thing I also like is that you have constant coverage because is connected with you phone all you need to do is download the app. You can connect through bluetooth and use your home’s wifi. The cell network is AT&T and if you don’t have wifi you can track your dog as long as the area is covered by the network. And when the signal is strong the coverage precision is really good. We didn’t go anywhere so far were the signal isn’t strong so I don’t know how it works in those places.
Whistle is a GPS tracking solution for dogs and cats that provides easy and accurate location tracking as well as comprehensive activity monitoring. It is feature-rich, has a good battery life, and works anywhere within AT&T cellular coverage. Read our objective Whistle review for a full overview of this pet tracker’s key characteristics.